Library scan issue with lower case path

sihy

Using Linux (Docker container) v 4.7.8

Season 1 Gangs of London is located at path ..../Gangs Of London/Gangs Of London - S1Ex .ts

Added a season 2 episode but the file was saved to a different but very similar path, but using a lower case 'o' in 'of', i.e.

..../Gangs of London/Gangs of London - S2Ex .ts

This seemed to confuse emby as although the log showed a scan was scheduled (with an API call), and then carried out, nothing was found.

The log entry was:

Info LibraryMonitor: Gangs of London (/mnt/share/recordings/TVShows/Gangs Of London) will be refreshed

It looks like it was refreshing the season 1 (capital O) folder looking for the new (lowercase o) episode, and thus not finding it.

Edited by sihy

I can't really get a full picture of what's happening with this small of a snippet, so please make sure to attach complete log files. I think debug logging will be required temporarily for this so please enable that as well. Thanks.

Ok, debug mode will take time as I'll need to go back and re-produce this when I have a spare hour or so.

In the meantime here is the entire log -embyserver-63802512000.txt. There is more info here, I started playing with it to see what was going on so you'll see other entries, specifically around 20:59, 21:05, 21:07.

As you can see, this links to a couple of kodi clients in the house using emby-next-gen, which has it's issues as you can see. At some point the kodi databases were way off with duplicate episodes altho I think the Emby library was actually fine, with the exception of not picking up the new episode.

EDIT - rather unfortunately I turned off debugging right before this happened.

embyserver-63802512000.txt

Edited by sihy

If it helps, in the 'Folders' view, only one folder is displayed for this show (and it has a lowercase 'of', not sure what it had originally).

• 4 weeks later...