audio frustrations - can't get album images to update

justinrh

justinrh

Here is an example:  Eagles "Desperado" (1973)

MusicBrainz page https://musicbrainz.org/release-group/9e7b49bb-b4bd-3583-87ba-f516f793eff2/details

Emby recorded the MB album ID as 3cd3587f-8eaf-427b-bd84-cb2f21bed994
the MB page says the "MBID" is 9e7b49bb-b4bd-3583-87ba-f516f793eff2

Even if I swap the IDs, still no album image is pulled.  If I identify using that MBID, nothing is found.

What's going on?  This does not compute.

Deathsquirrel

What is the musicbrainzid tag in the tracks set to?  If you want it to match a specific entry, set the tag accordingly.  While you're at it, embed the desired album image in those tracks.

Happy2Play

What are your Image provider settings?

Can you provide the server log.

justinrh

image.png.a19e0e70904ad79d26c1e94ef37da207.png

image.png.43fff547faf020d15eec766262929c38.png

Is this they key to the whole thing?
image.png.994c4040d83045fec30cebeb69ef9193.png

I did 100 diff things last night except this (because logically it should not be needed).  I do this today and I finally got an album img.

embyserver-63802512000.txt

Now I can't get "The Long Run" album to work

https://musicbrainz.org/release-group/1a265de4-136d-3414-adf5-b0913ca2aa15/details

For some reason there are no ID populated in it all, just like last night for Desperado.

How do you use the MBID in Emby?

Edited by justinrh

justinrh
18 hours ago, Luke said:

Where did you put that id exactly?

@Luke In the MusicBrainz Album Id field.  I even tried it in Identify.

BTW, Luke, after the album metadata refresh, I had to F5 the library page to see the new album image.  This sounds like it could be the same update issue we've been chasing in other places.

Edited by justinrh

Happy2Play
13 minutes ago, justinrh said:

@Luke In the MusicBrainz Album Id field.

BTW, Luke, after the album metadata refresh, I had to F5 the library page to see the new album image.  This sounds like it could be the same update issue we've been chasing in other places.

Is the id listed somwhere wrong?

Not found as that id is not a release version it is the release group with 20 versions.

2022-10-27 19:37:13.841 Info HttpClient: GET https://musicbrainz.emby.tv/ws/2/release/1a265de4-136d-3414-adf5-b0913ca2aa15

So per your link you need the id from the version you have?

image.png.d65b26ffc37e1ffa9d9eeecbfe274c5e.png

justinrh

Okay, @Happy2Play, I don't have any special album release.  Why can't Emby get it?  Which from that list you show the released version?

And can you answer the question about the MBID?  That might be very helpful.

Edited by justinrh

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, justinrh said:

Okay, @Happy2Play, I don't have any special album release.  Why can't Emby get it?  Which from that list you show the released version?

Well the group is not the release as not every release actually has an image.  Just the way MBZ works one does not apply to all.  You potentially need to know info about your rip or you just pick one that matches your order which should be all.  Vinyl, CD, Digital and Country and Year along with possible Label differences.

justinrh

Sorry, I still don't get it.

1) How to use the MBID (or any info from the MBZ website) in Emby?
2) How do I fix the "The Long Run" album image and metadata?

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, justinrh said:

Sorry, I still don't get it.

1) How to use the MBID (or any info from the MBZ website) in Emby?
2) How do I fix the "The Long Run" album image and metadata?

MBZAlbumID if the Release id not the Release-Group id.

I know my version is "(2013) - Eagles - The Long Run (Hi-Res Version) (2013 Remaster)" So I would choose one of these via mp3tag or Picard and tag the media, then Emby can just read.

image.thumb.png.01de3a5b0342d4d384163eed8eb1c2b9.png

https://musicbrainz.org/release/bb2fd7d1-d207-4fa6-a4e4-07f0f0774380

They both indicate they have an image.

justinrh

Sorry, I am dunce.  I don't see the answers to my questions.  (I never asked about MBZAlbumID vs Release id vs Release-Group id.)

And I still don't know why Emby can't get it w/o me mucking with it.

Happy2Play
9 minutes ago, justinrh said:

Sorry, I am dunce.  I don't see the answers to my questions.  (I never asked about MBZAlbumID vs Release id vs Release-Group id.)

And I still don't know why Emby can't get it w/o me mucking with it.

And what exactly are you providing?  

Happy2Play

Ideally all audio should be tagged outside Emby.  But that is not to say you can provide minimal info and still have Emby get the info.  But you have to explain exactly what you are doing and folder and naming schemes.  And if media has any embedded tags.

The information you provide the fetcher per folder naming or embedded tagging.  Tagging will take priority and fall back to folder structure.

So what are you feeding Emby?

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

Not sure what else to say as Music is straight forward tagging.  If you do not provide the info, then there will/should be provider guess work per name.

Emby Music Naming :

justinrh

@Happy2Play Emby populated the MBZ album ID with 1a265de4-136d-3414-adf5-b0913ca2aa15 (which is different from before).  What does this ID represent on the MBZ website?

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, justinrh said:

@Happy2Play Emby populated the MBZ album ID with 1a265de4-136d-3414-adf5-b0913ca2aa15 (which is different from before).  What does this ID represent on the MBZ website?

My first question would be does that id exist in your embedded tags?  As that is not an MBZ album id.

It is the same MBZ Release-Group id as above.

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play
8 minutes ago, justinrh said:

The complain to the devs ...

image.png.edff2671d7e8d1ffc96afbe5bbbdaa5c.png

Sorry but that is not proof of anything We would need to see the extended tags on the entire album.  I will test nuking tags as mine look like this.

See Releasegroup is not AlbumID

image.png.afd216d11182e811309cd30ef66aedd5.png

So my guess is you have bad tags but could be wrong.

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

Added Album with no mbz tags and got this.

image.png.0a1d7252e254a863ce82f49b05d25e1d.png

2022-10-28 16:47:33.025 Debug App: Running MusicBrainzAlbumProvider for The Long Run
2022-10-28 16:47:33.025 Debug App: Throttling MusicBrainz by 250ms
2022-10-28 16:47:33.286 Info HttpClient: GET https://musicbrainz.emby.tv/ws/2/release/?query="The Long Run" AND artist:"Eagles"
2022-10-28 16:47:33.540 Debug App: Throttling MusicBrainz by 250ms
2022-10-28 16:47:33.802 Info HttpClient: GET https://musicbrainz.emby.tv/ws/2/release/b6659a64-1110-49dd-a2b0-a9186a8a4ea2

The first Album in the Group per your group link.

And enabled images.

2022-10-28 16:47:33.935 Debug App: Running MusicBrainzImageProvider for The Long Run
2022-10-28 16:47:33.935 Info HttpClient: GET http://coverartarchive.org/release/b6659a64-1110-49dd-a2b0-a9186a8a4ea2

image.thumb.png.c3d6a7e1b49cf375beff3bdc9ac6a0ad.png

So can only guess this comes back to Embedded Tags.

33 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

My first question would be does that id exist in your embedded tags?  As that is not an MBZ album id.

It is the same MBZ Release-Group id as above.

Correct these are two different ids. I think originally when you used identify and got no results you had them mixed up.

justinrh

@Happy2Play I'm sorry, but I don't even know what you are doing or how.  I can't add any tags or attributes to an 'album' because it is simply a folder on disk.

I guess I was not clear in my comment.  I was showing what Emby populated for the album for me.  If that is the wrong ID, then I can't help that.  Please show me how to get the correct ID.  I don't know what else Emby could need in this case ...
image.png.54bfefbe7495f68625b08b16c0cf8656.png

@Luke That ID did come form MBZ (at least Emby thinks it did).  I don't have any IDs on the files, if that is what is being asked.  The only place I can find IDs is from the MBZ website.  If I got the wrong ID from the site, then please instruct me on how to find the correct ID and how to apply it in Emby.

@anybodyin Emby land:  Can you please answer my two questions.  I don't know why I can't just get a straight-forward answer.  I'm going in circles.  I'm not an expert in Emby audio configuration but I'm being talked to as if I am.  For some reason audio is very complex.

Edited by justinrh

Happy2Play
Just now, justinrh said:

I can't add any tags or attributes to an 'album' because it is simply a folder on disk.

The info comes from track embedded tags as albums are virtual information.  Not if the tracks are not tagged it will come from folder structure.  But I have no issue with no tags, limited tags, or extended MBZ tags with provided info above.

So we need to see what tags your track have as Emby provides MBZAlbumID b6659a64-1110-49dd-a2b0-a9186a8a4ea2.

With any tagging program what MBZ tag are there on your tracks?

Or you would have to use ffprobe on each track.

ffprobe -i "path_to_file" -show_streams -show_format -print_format json

And if you enter the id you got into Release Group you are presented with multiple Albums via Identify correct?  Or apply the correct albumid I just listed.  This is not to say that is the version you have but is the version Emby will default to without other information.

Emby is only complex if one does not ensure tracks are tagged as Picard or mp3tag with MBZ lookup would give almost every for Emby to just read.