TheTVDB? If not finding metadata in pref. lang., fallback to jap no en

Eremitak
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Eremitak

(I understand that there are people who write the problem in the title, but you can't limit the title to 70 characters! It's ridiculous)
Full title: 

[Feature Request?] [TheTVDB?] If not finding metadata in preferred language, fallback to Japanese instead of English

As per the title, if emby (with thetvdb as primary) does not find the metadata in the preferred language, it uses Japanese metadata instead of English metadata (if I force from the metadata editor the eng language, then it puts my metadata in eng).
The hierarchy would be: 
Preferred language (e.g., ITA) > Fallback English (or be able to choose fallback language) > Fallback Japanese (or be able to choose fallback language2) > fallback the only language available from that provider or fallback to the 2nd provider (e.g., 1st TheTVDB, 2nd TheMovieDB, 3rd ecc.).

This problem has persisted for months and may have been there ever since thetvdb changed to the default language to the original series language instead of global English.

If necessary I am fine with having the ability to fallback to the 2nd language with login (a logged in account has the ability to force the global language while logged in).
Thank you in advance.

Ex. screen:
image.thumb.png.1fba8701f667f92b5f244a3c06c97449.png

image.thumb.png.2d1ee6ca412d3b032c7f84e70a1574bf.png

image.thumb.png.f6c5d4ddebb491e7182725947d932efa.png

image.thumb.png.81979ceb093324d295744df3a1691253.png

As noted in the last 2 screens, He found the preferred language and then used that, but instead, in the 2 screens still above, the title of the episodes is Japanese and not English (since the preferred language did not exist he fallback to Japanese and not English).

---------------------
image.png.7d983ee7647426d867f77d3fc03ff37c.png  It would suffice to be able to make a multiple fallback selection such as:
"italian, english, japanese."

Eremitak

Practical example of this problem:
image.thumb.png.1db3c2978db46b8588f60b39db3a58b7.png

The descriptions are in the preferred language, but the titles NO, and therefore fallback to Japanese and not English for the titles.
I can't even put the metadata in English because I'm going to miss the descriptions in my preferred language.
It means I have to do 12 episodes by hand ...
For 12 episodes ok ... but 1025 episodes of One Piece?

• Solution

HI, yes fallback language options are planned for future updates. Thanks for the feedback.