Emby Server

star1

It happened again . I lost my server after doing more cleanup on my desktop . Will, someone please help the stupid on reinstalling the premiere server on w 10 home . Please, also tell me on what NOT to uninstall to avoid this in the future , or provide a Much simpler method on reinstalling.

Thank You

Mostly Local stuff , however, I think a Runtime app or file may have been it . All Emby files are in location and I tried to open Set up and run the server exe , but all I get is system web exception, server closed unexpectedly.

but all I get is system web exception, server closed unexpectedly.

Hi, where exactly does it say that? Can you please show a screenshot? Is there an entry in windows event viewer about it?

Happy2Play

Have you tried running the installer to fix anything that may be broken?  As Emby system and programdata are in different folder so your userdata/config should not be affected.

Emby Server for Windows

Otherwise exact errors and possibly errors from Event viewer.

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, star1 said:

None of the config or start up files open at all , but the file size is shown.

Sorry but we need specific examples.

Possibly server log also.

As we don't know if it is an install issue of something else entirely with the Host OS.  Have you restarted the machine?

Can not access a Emby Server Log , nothing opens . Windows , shows nothing recorded. If I did unintentionally delete something or the server itself, there should be a file to open to reinstall the server or repair it and nothing should prevent that file from opening . This is where , I keep getting server closed unexpectedly.

16 hours ago, star1 said:

Can not access a Emby Server Log , nothing opens . Windows , shows nothing recorded. If I did unintentionally delete something or the server itself, there should be a file to open to reinstall the server or repair it and nothing should prevent that file from opening . This is where , I keep getting server closed unexpectedly.

I would be happy to do a remote support session with you to help you fix this issue, but I would first suggest trying what Happy2Play mentioned as that is likely to fix any issues with missing files or changes to folder permissions.   I would suggest you first check to make sure windows has all current patches installed.  If not bring your system up to date with windows patches followed by a reboot. Then install Emby Server again as suggested.

Let us know if that helped or not.  Feel free to send me a direct PM (private message) for help, by hovering over my avatar and selecting the message button. Otherwise, just post here and I'll follow up with you to schedule this based on your time/availability.

Carlo