retry failed "image grabber" video image generator

Statick

I have some "home videos & photos" libraries, so use the "image grabber" option to generate thumbnails for each video. my libraries are on a network and occasionally when doing a library scan, one or two files will fail to open due to a network issue (the server has too many requests usually). when I browse the library afterwards, a small number of the newly added pictures or videos will still have the default grey icon, maybe 1 or 2 out of 1000 will have this

if I then repeat the library scan, the pictures which failed will be retried and loaded correctly, but the videos that failed will be skipped and there doesn't seem to be a way to retry these. so after the second library scan, all the pictures will be loaded correctly but the videos will still contain a couple with the default grey icons. currently the only thing I have found that works to fix this is to manually delete these items from the library, repeat the scan, then re-add them and repeat the scan again. this is a lengthy and time consuming process that would be much improved if these videos would simply be retried on subsequent library scans

Hi, try refreshing the metadata manually on one of these titles, and that will get it to try again.