Emby and WOW/L via PI or.....

PeteGul

PeteGul

Hi

My file/Emby server only wakes up on access from Emby or me start it. Via WOL locally.

But will it be possible to use my PI as an man in the middle, so if I try to Emby from outside my Lan, my PI can send an WOL packet to my server?

My PI act as Noip updater, torrent and some other stuff.

Hi, Emby Server and apps do not do anything specifically for remote Wake On Lan, so we're not sure that it will work.  But please try it and let us know. What Emby app are you hoping to use to wake the server with?

PeteGul

Hi

I use an beta for Android TV that start my WOL server. Don't have the link to that thread, but it is in the forum here somewhere. Orginal version does not supert it, but beta works like a charm on it.

But what I'm after now, is an way to wake up through internet, not just local. So I wondered if there was an possibility to use my always on PI in an way to wake up my server?

From Android devices or other. Can't be to much to do, so if an app/program is needed the best way is that there is possibility to add an start process for Emby that send or open an app/program before Emby starts.