Trakt - Authentication PIN "Undefined"

JoshuaAJones

JoshuaAJones

No matter how many times I get a new PIN, after about a minute, the PIN reverts to "Undefined".

As a result, the library is never able to fully sync, as that task runs for about 15 minutes.

HI, actually I don't think the page continues to show the pin after setup. Does it? Anyway, please attach the emby server log from then you ran the trakt sync. Thanks.

I think that is just a problem in the config page itself, but from your log you are authenticated with trakt so I think your pin is fine.

I was trying to watch movies and series on emby and, apparently, it was reflected on trakt.  But the bar that shows "continue watching" did not appear for me all the series that I left in the middle.  I'll keep trying it but I think it's correct, it works but from the configuration it changed from disappearing the pin to undefined

Yea something happened with the config screen, which I'll look at, but it's just the user interface in the browser. The actual communication's with trakt are the same as before.

JoshuaAJones

Why are there over a dozen episodes sitting on my server not reflected on Trakt?

New additions to my library are being selectively synced. Some are marked collected, some are not. 

When watching an episode, scrobbling seems to work (as long as I have an active internet). If I do not (which is iffy lately, after the hurricane), it is not marked as Watched on Trakt. I have to go to the site and manually mark it.

If my PIN is being accepted correctly, the problem may be within the scheduled tasks.

15 minutes ago, JoshuaAJones said:

Why are there over a dozen episodes sitting on my server not reflected on Trakt?

New additions to my library are being selectively synced. Some are marked collected, some are not. 

When watching an episode, scrobbling seems to work (as long as I have an active internet). If I do not (which is iffy lately, after the hurricane), it is not marked as Watched on Trakt. I have to go to the site and manually mark it.

If my PIN is being accepted correctly, the problem may be within the scheduled tasks.

Please go over a specific example. 

Thanks.

JoshuaAJones

Home Economics S03E06

New Amsterdam S05E06

Each aired over the last couple of days and still are not marked Collected.

My Debug above includes running the sync task, which takes about 15 minutes.

4 minutes ago, JoshuaAJones said:

Home Economics S03E06

New Amsterdam S05E06

Each aired over the last couple of days and still are not marked Collected.

My Debug above includes running the sync task, which takes about 15 minutes.

Did you check all of the external ids in the metadata editor for both the series and episode and ensure they are filled out and correct?

JoshuaAJones

Just checked and they seem fine.

All of the links take me to the correct shows.

I currently set the sync task to every 3 hours from the default 12 hours to see if it helps but the task description says that it should sync as new content is added. It's not. That's why I mentioned the task above.

JoshuaAJones

The Metadata is correct on each but the episodes do only get TheTVDB info, no IMDB.

Would this make a difference with Trakt?

VirulentPip

I've got things are being set as watched but not collected and some aren't even setting as watched or collected. Seems something went wrong lately. 

VirulentPip

@Luke

Okay so I checked the episode Metadata for those that are collected - They DO NOT have IMDB or TVDB external IDs, the ones that aren't DO. I removed the IDs from one of the episodes and manually ran the Trakt Library scan and viola collected. 

However, the first Episode of The Rookie Feds is collected and has those IDs. Collected 28th September, none of the other episodes have been collected but are set as watched. Episode 4 (19th October) has neither ID but is not collected. Have deleted the IDs from 2,3 and 5, But still un-collected. 

I removed the IDs from The Rookie S05E05 which wasn't showing as watched nor collected and it synced being watched but not collected still. I honestly have no idea what's going on. 

Edited by VirulentPip

It is true.  many series that I left in the middle a long time ago, everything appears to me without seeing.  Enter the trakt page and notice that from the same page those chapters appeared without seeing.  Maybe it's not a plugin problem, maybe the page itself.

JoshuaAJones

I've tried a couple of things in the last week and nothing seems to help.

- Turned off Sonarr metadata/Use Emby metadata - no change (although the NFO files are formatted differently)

- Checked through series, season, and episode metadata for differences - found none (and altering, deleting, adding metadata through any level didn't change things)

Question:  How is it that an episode is not marked collected (making it seem that something is incorrect) plays and reflects in real time on Trakt and gets marked Watched at the end if something is wrong within the metadata?

I can only think that something changed within the plugin recently or, as stated above, the site is not accepting the info completely.

I am not a VIP member of Trakt so I cannot get on the forums anymore.  Does anyone have a line to Justin?

• 2 weeks later...
JoshuaAJones

Yes.

I still see it not showing Collected but Watched usually goes through correctly. 

Combined episodes also don't work well but I think that is an actual Emby issue, as S01E01-E02 only shows as S01E01 when Collected or Watched (but that is how Emby shows it too). Sonarr says that both episodes are there though. 

• 4 weeks later...
JoshuaAJones

I have read through the Sync Failures thread but wanted to answer here. as well.

My Trakt history ends on November 7.  After that, nothing has been updated.

Ever since 3.6.2 came out, I have had no sync to the site.

3.6.3 did not help either.

I'll keep checking through both threads.

Thanks.

Eigeplackter
3 minutes ago, JoshuaAJones said:

I have read through the Sync Failures thread but wanted to answer here. as well.

My Trakt history ends on November 7.  After that, nothing has been updated.

Ever since 3.6.2 came out, I have had no sync to the site.

3.6.3 did not help either.

I'll keep checking through both threads.

Thanks.

That's due to a DB crash on trakt side, see: https://status.trakt.tv/

They had to do a restore datet 7th Nov, and the APIs arent up running yet.

December 15, 2022

Progress Update

Earlier this week, we restored a full database backup from Nov 7 as the starting point. We’ve incrementally imported data from Nov 7 up until the database crashed on Dec 11. There is data corruption, but we’ve recovered a good percentage thus far. Watched history is the largest dataset still importing. We’re forumulating a plan to bring the website online first, followed by the API.

Updated on 11:16 GMT+00:00

• Thanks 1