Upgraded to 4.7.8 and server doesn't load

Lostboy66

Lostboy66

Upgraded to 4.7.8 from 4.7.6 - Attempt to login and load the page, Tried to downgrade to 4.7.6 and still won't load.  (I tried using the configure button on the WD App Page for Emby, and directly through the I-address:8096)

Message I get:

"Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server."

I am running on a PR4100 was able to extract this from the Embyserver log.   For the time being I have disabled EMBY from starting....

Command line: /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/embyserver/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /mnt/HD/HD_a2/emby -ffdetect /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/embyserver/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/embyserver/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/embyserver/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -defaultdirectory /shares/Public -updatepackage emby-server-western_digital-os5-any_{version}_x86_64.bin

Operating system: Linux version 4.14.22 (kman@kmachine) (gcc version 8.3.0 (Debian 8.3.0-6)) #1 SMP Fri Aug 19 22:50:57 UTC 2022 Build-35

Framework: .NET 6.0.2

OS/Process: x64/x64

Runtime: mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/embyserver/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll

Processor count: 4

Data path: /mnt/HD/HD_a2/emby

Application path: /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/embyserver/system

System.ObjectDisposedException: System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.

Object name: 'SyncRepository has been disposed and cannot be accessed.'.

at Emby.Sqlite.BaseSqliteRepository.CheckDisposed()

at Emby.Server.Sync.SyncRepository.InsertOrUpdate(SyncJobItem jobItem, Boolean insert)

at Emby.Server.Sync.SyncRepository.Update(SyncJobItem jobItem)

at Emby.Server.Sync.SyncManager.UpdateSyncJobItemInternal(SyncJobItem jobItem)

at Emby.Server.Sync.SyncJobProcessor.SetJobItemStatus(SyncJobItem jo

embyserver-63801955703 copy.txt

hardware_detection-63801955592.txt ffmpeg-transcode-c2a54e94-0370-49e2-bcb5-4f8d666cb8e1_1.txt

Edited by Lostboy66
added logs

Hi, this looks like the server log from 4.7.6. Was there one generated when you tried to load 4.7.8?

Lostboy66

In the event you say to un-install and reinstall.    What is lost when I un-install.   I do have the backup add in running.   What would be the best way to uninstall and reinstall and leverage my backups.

Happy2Play
3 hours ago, Lostboy66 said:

In the event you say to un-install and reinstall.    What is lost when I un-install.   I do have the backup add in running.   What would be the best way to uninstall and reinstall and leverage my backups.

Don't know this platform but if like others Emby programdata (Data path: /mnt/HD/HD_a2/emby) is not removed unless told to on uninstall.

All you should have to do is reinstall current version as it replaces this folder "Application path: /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/embyserver/system"

1 minute ago, Lostboy66 said:

I tried re-downloading 4.78 and reinstalling.  Same result.

Dave.

Did you see the advice given above by happy2play?

Lostboy66

I read that to be just re-install and it should overwrite what it needs, leaving existing configuration intact.  I tried that and same result.

• 5 weeks later...
Lostboy66

I ended up deleting the Emby folder on the NAS through ssh, then reinstalling..     I could not get the server to start or generate a log until then.    One item of note, I restored my backup and everything came back, except for the images in  \metadata\people\Joe blow\folder.jpg for the people I manually updated the metadata and images for.   They are still there, but not showing.   Is there something I can do to get them to be presented again?

4 hours ago, Lostboy66 said:

I ended up deleting the Emby folder on the NAS through ssh, then reinstalling..     I could not get the server to start or generate a log until then.    One item of note, I restored my backup and everything came back, except for the images in  \metadata\people\Joe blow\folder.jpg for the people I manually updated the metadata and images for.   They are still there, but not showing.   Is there something I can do to get them to be presented again?

H, what exactly isn't showing?

Lostboy66

when you open the movie page with the meta data, the image associated with the person (actor) doesn't show.   The name is correct and matches the name in the \meta\people folder and a a folder.jpg is there and is correct.

On 12/2/2022 at 9:55 AM, Lostboy66 said:

I tried refreshing meta data both at the individual item level, and full library level.   No change.

@Lostboy66 are you still having an issue with this? Have you updated to Emby Server 4.7.10?