Save IntroSkip Metadata inside NFO

rbjtech
Go to solution Solved by Cheesegeezer,
FrostByte
Message added by FrostByte,

You can use the Intros Backup/Restore plugin by Cheesey Productions as a solution until this is added to core.

Cheesegeezer

@ebr

Eric, do you mind if make this an emby premium plugin? I would like to keep our intros and credits info inside the emby eco system.

cheers

rbjtech
2 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

So just to keep you lot in the loop.

Waiting on some final testing before i release this to the catalogue.

Cheers

Restore looks to be fine (on my test system) and the NFO data has been successfully written to my main TV library (33K episodes) - took about 8 mins.  Spot testing looks good.

Nice work - I can now use the marker info in the NFO stored with the media to restore the Intro data into a new test instances, rebuild etc without having a dependency on the media Internal Id, thus no re-detection is now necessary.

Multi-versions work great (ie each NFO is updated).

Brilliant plugin ! 👍

Edited by rbjtech

Cheesegeezer

Peeps, just found a fairly epic bug earlier which I've eraddicated, however waiting on a couple of testers to confirm that the bug is fixed and I will release the beast.

Standby to standby...... you lovely lovely people, beautiful british people

tcw7a.jpg.294f11264190f909a9f97e19b7599b41.jpg

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Haha 1

adminExitium

Wonderful work, thanks a lot @Cheesegeezer.

Just to confirm, will it always do a full restore from the NFO to the DB or will it only restore the changed or added data automatically when Emby detects any changes to the NFO file?

Cheesegeezer
13 minutes ago, adminExitium said:

Wonderful work, thanks a lot @Cheesegeezer.

Just to confirm, will it always do a full restore from the NFO to the DB or will it only restore the changed or added data automatically when Emby detects any changes to the NFO file?

It doesn’t monitor changes at all, its purely a full backup and full restore utility. 

at the time of backup it will find all episode that have intro and credits skip markers from the episode’s chapter table and writes them to json file in a user defined backup folder and/or to the episode’s nfo if it is saved in the media folders.

restore will use json OR nfo restore method. Not both and write the markers back to the chapter table overwriting any existing markers.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer
12 minutes ago, adminExitium said:

Got it, thanks. Looking forward to trying it out.

Just waiting on one tester to confirm all is good with restoring and it will be released 

• Like 1

rbjtech
11 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

It doesn’t monitor changes at all, its purely a full backup and full restore utility. 

at the time of backup it will find all episode that have intro and credits skip markers from the episode’s chapter table and writes them to json file in a user defined backup folder and/or to the episode’s nfo if it is saved in the media folders.

restore will use json OR nfo restore method. Not both and write the markers back to the chapter table overwriting any existing markers.

Hopefully, the core will follow suit and use the same NFO section to read/write in core functions, making it a 'real-time' backup solution - allowing a full restore at any time as the data is independent from the database. 

Awesome job @Cheesegeezer  👍

@Luke - FYI

tail of the NFO file ......

</fileinfo>
  <markers>
    <introstart>626303072</introstart>
    <introend>801518812</introend>
    <creditstart>0</creditstart>
  </markers>
</episodedetails>

• Like 3

Cheesegeezer

Thanks Rich!

we are ready for release… but might package this with the TVCreditsSkip Plugin if i can get the damn UI to behave itself. As it makes sense to package it all in a single plugin. Also the database would act as a live backup for intro and credit skip markers and store these in the database that could just then be extracted by usin the chapter Insert task.

i dunno! 
what does the community feel? 

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Launched in the plugin Catalogue.

Can be found under Metadata Section.  I will set up a Plugin thread shortly. 

Thanks all and enjoy.

image.thumb.png.847551d55e15d529bf678411356c6338.png

image.png.153789b5a5734f85b75f6e38b7666b70.png

Plugin Support Thread is located here

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

FrostByte
2 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

@CBers @FrostByte 

not sure if you want to update the first post with my post above.

Upto you fellas.... Cheers

Updated the thread message to include a link to the plugin

• Thanks 1