lately movies titles aren't parsed but kept as filename (all else is)

alexrw

I'm seeing something weird lately (without changing server settings) in the past 2 weeks or so. Emby detects new movie files in my movie folders as usual and parses them, fething the movie data - poster, cast, synopsys, etc -- everything but it leaves the movie title as the file name, e.g. "My.Movie.2019.WEBRip.x264" instead of changing it to "My Movie" as it used to.

All new movie files I added in the past 2 weeks or so have had this problem. TV shows, however, did not have this problem (curious).

Any clues?

I'm running latest Emby server 4.7.8.0 on WIndows 10.

Not publicly, but i can pm you if you accept that

EDIT: the video files in question do have embedded titles which are the same as the file name (as above), but they are far from being the first ones like this, and these should be overwritten by metadata from the internet, which Emby DID fetch correctly as I can see the poster, synopsys, etc. It only started doing this recently.

... for some reason it still used the embedded title instead of the metadata title it fetched from the internet (TMDB)

Edited by alexr

pwhodges

There is a library setting to partially control this.  You have to select "Show advanced settings" (top of example below), then you get the option at the bottom of that image.  But as described that should only affect the case when there is no metadata found - so perhaps something else is going on.

image.jpeg.ff3fb5bdcf8847c8938d48a1b25ac287.jpeg

Paul

20 hours ago, alexr said:

Not publicly, but i can pm you if you accept that

EDIT: the video files in question do have embedded titles which are the same as the file name (as above), but they are far from being the first ones like this, and these should be overwritten by metadata from the internet, which Emby DID fetch correctly as I can see the poster, synopsys, etc. It only started doing this recently.

... for some reason it still used the embedded title instead of the metadata title it fetched from the internet (TMDB)

Hi, yes we'd need to see a specific example along with the server log from when it was first imported into the server. Thanks.

No longer have server logs from when it was first imported (more than several days ago, logs moved on). I'll try to catch it in the act next time. In the meantime, is there anything you could suggest?