Missing posters but files present & even showing in "Edit Images"

JKjkJKjkJKjk
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

JKjkJKjkJKjk

Hello, I've been using Emby a long time now and I haven't made any changes at all, whether to Emby settings or to the hard drives and system that runs my server. A few days ago I started to notice that some posters weren't displaying. Some were new items but some were old items that had previously shown the posters while other new items or very old items still had posters, there didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. I have had the setting for saving the images to the media folder checked for some time now so I have checked and seen that the images are present. Here is one example:

This item was added on 10/15/22 and displayed a poster up until yesterday.

emby1.JPG.1899e0402498dc9582f6c1c4792e5c01.JPG

Opening the film is the same (though I noticed that now there are also missing headshots for some of the actors that do typically have them)

emby2.thumb.JPG.b492e596868b8bccef041f59b68868d2.JPG

Strangely when I select 'Edit Images' it appears it does have a primary image/poster. It's the same one it was displaying a few days ago.

emby3.JPG.ac0f6cb46f9e05e429f8ab8f9d40bfc8.JPG

And checking the folder shows the same

emby4.JPG.72b265774eb6164d6d5c51bdfa8bc88c.JPG

So what has happened here and how can I fix this? I've attached a log from this morning.

Also of note and possibly related in some way, I had tried to set up a new user the other day, all seemed to go well except when it came to selecting which libraries were available to the new user. I tried to de-select two of my libraries but that resulted in an endless loading wheel. I restarted the Emby server and once it was back up I navigated to it in-browser and was met with a 'Welcome' screen acting as though I was using Emby for the first time. I logged in and luckily it had all my libraries and everything still set but strangely their display on the home screen was jumbled out of the order I had previously set it. Also the user profile I had set up, saved, and even tested, is now missing. All very strange behavior.

embyserver.txt

La Maman et la Putain [Jean Eustache, 1973].nfo

Edited by JKjkJKjkJKjk
Added NFO for example film

Hi, have you seen all the access denied errors in the log? It looks like the server can't access the original image file.

The fact that you're still seeing it in edit images is probably just cached output from a previous usage.

JKjkJKjkJKjk
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, have you seen all the access denied errors in the log? It looks like the server can't access the original image file.

The fact that you're still seeing it in edit images is probably just cached output from a previous usage.

Setting aside for a moment that I haven't changed anything*, why would some be pulling images just fine but others aren't? Why would some new items on the exact same drive and added after this problem started to occur, be able to save and retrieve images without a problem? Why would Emby be able to access and play the video files but not access the jpg image in the same folder?

*everything is still in the same folders on the same drives running on the same Linux system with the proper permissions set, as it has been for the last few years of using Emby

It looks to be like the images were downloaded and then at some point later the folder containing them becomes unreachable.

Is the media on the same machine as the server?

JKjkJKjkJKjk

The media is across 3 HDDs mounted to a Raspberry Pi that runs the server.

Also in the 32,000 lines of the log I'm only finding 30 occurrences of the 'Access Denied' error and I'm having trouble with many more than 30 images. 

Additionally here's one of the films it said had the error, it has no apparent image problems.

emby7.JPG.078c699047fa429b2acd0e567b278fa9.JPGemby8.thumb.JPG.141edb9bcd7b1cfdb9cd6eb83643ef05.JPG

JKjkJKjkJKjk

I didn't realize there was 4.7.8 available. I've always had auto-update turned on and this is what my dashboard is displaying right now:

image.png.fa0ba54298a7d39e4e4ff1ad49f1b8ad.png

There isn't auto update on Linux. It will only inform you that an update is available. It's possible the package file name may have changed for your architecture which could be why you're not getting notified.

JKjkJKjkJKjk

Ahh I see! Well I'm glad you said that because I just upgraded and everything is as it should be, all the images are back just like that

Thank you for your help!

Happy2Play

All the access denied appear to subtitle related.  To me the black placeholder looks like a image cache issue.

are there browser console errors?

Cross post as update resolved the issue.

Edited by Happy2Play