Metadata manager problem... or How to Force an ID?

SwanStream

SwanStream

So I have two shows, one is called "The House Across the Street"thetvdb id425909 and the other "The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window"thetvdb id 390537. One was added before the other, but don't think that matters. It was ID's correctly at the time... then the other was added.

Initially, when library scan found the second (the first title) it assigned it the second ID. (The second comes up first in thetvdb search)

Went into metadata manager to fix, but only one (the second) was listed. Drilling down into that I noticed it had the directory of the first listed in the path. So I changed the info via identify, picked the right one, and result,... it changed the info for both directories.

etc, etc. 

While I understand whats happening, I have no way of defining the shows as different even tho they are in different directories, the system sees them as the same show.... suggestions?

I've tried the above, but also:

I've unchecked library advanced option "automatically merge series that are spread across multiple folders"

Adding (2022) to the first so it isn't fully contained in the other's title.... but no good, (that show also is 2022)...

tried to fake it by; editing the nfo file for each, stripping everything but correct thetvdb id# but that doesn't seem to work either

After a rescan Emby left the series nfo alone, but the episode in the season folder was still attributed to the other show....

GrimReaper

Hey up. 

That's the second time today I'm seeing users having issues with those shows. Chek out below topic and suggestions within:

• Like 1

pwhodges

Simply add the correct TVDB id to the folder name for each show using the format [tvdbid=123456] (including the brackets).  That will force correct identification.

Paul

GrimReaper
7 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

Simply add the correct TVDB id to the folder name for each show using the format [tvdbid=123456] (including the brackets).  That will force correct identification. 

Which is exactly where the above link leads to. 

SwanStream

Appreciate both answers🙏... but the "quicker" for me was slower (maybe) for the poster, so I appreciate that approach double... cheers.

Seems to me the bit of associated code could use a little tweak so fewer folks have to exit the app to fix similar issues.✌ tighten up that "name contains" logic a little. I realize Emby is actually really good at id's, but itd be nice to be able to fix from within the UI.

Happy2Play

Same issue happens on the TMBD api as it returns multiple result but yes if better "name" matching could happen it would be better instead of first result.

As the TVDB api returns 2 results for query=The House Across the Street&year=2022

So the question becomes why does "The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl" appear first as it only contains "the House Across the Street"?

Spoiler

{
  "status": "success",
  "data": [
    {
      "objectID": "series-390537",
      "aliases": [
        "The Woman in the House",
        "TWITHATSFTGITW",
        "La mujer de la casa de enfrente",
        "The Woman in the House",
        "TWITHATSFTGITW"
      ],
      "country": "usa",
      "id": "series-390537",
      "image_url": "https://artworks.thetvdb.com/banners/v4/series/390537/posters/61d4781055645.jpg",
      "name": "The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window",
      "first_air_time": "2022-01-28",
      "overview": "Mixing wine, pills, casseroles and an overactive imagination, Anna obsesses over a hunky neighbor across the street and witnesses a murder. Or did she?",
      "primary_language": "eng",
      "primary_type": "series",
      "status": "Ended",
      "type": "series",
      "tvdb_id": "390537",
      "year": "2022",
      "slug": "the-woman-in-the-house",
      "overviews": {
        "ara": "وهي غارقة في الشراب والأدوية والطواجن والخيال المفرط، يستحوذ جار جذّاب في الجهة المقابلة على تفكير \"آنا\"… حتى تشهد جريمة قتل، أو هكذا تعتقد.",
        "deu": "Mit einer Mischung aus Wein, Tabletten, Auflauf und einer hyperaktiven Fantasie beobachtet Anna einen attraktiven Nachbarn und wird Zeugin eines Mordes. Oder doch nicht?",
        "ell": "Για την πληγωμένη Άννα(Κρίστεν Μπελ), κάθε μέρα είναι η ίδια. Κάθεται πίνοντας ένα ποτήρι κρασί, κοιτάζει έξω από το παράθυρο και παρατηρεί αμέτοχη τη ζωή. Όταν όμως ένας όμορφος γείτονας(Τομ Ράιλι) μετακομίζει στο απέναντι διαμέρισμα, η Άννα αρχίζει να διακρίνει ένα φως στο τέλος του τούνελ. Μέχρι που κάποια στιγμή γίνεται μάρτυρας ενός βάναυσου φόνου... ή μήπως όχι;",
        "eng": "Mixing wine, pills, casseroles and an overactive imagination, Anna obsesses over a hunky neighbor across the street and witnesses a murder. Or did she?",
        "fra": "Comédie parodique, pastiche du film de 2021 \"The Woman in the Window\" (La Femme à la fenêtre).\r\nVin, cachets, plats en cocotte et imagination font le quotidien d'Anna qui est obnubilée par son voisin canon, jusqu'au jour où elle assiste à un meurtre. Ou pas... ?",
        "ita": "Mescolando vino, pillole, ricette al forno e una fervida immaginazione, Anna diventa ossessionata da un vicino di casa attraente e assiste a un omicidio. O forse no?",
        "nld": "Voor Anna, wier hart is gebroken, is elke dag hetzelfde. Ze zit met een glas wijn in de hand uit het raam te staren, en ziet hoe het leven zonder haar voorbij gaat. Maar wanneer een knappe buurman en zijn schattige dochter aan de overkant van de straat komen wonen, begint Anna licht te zien aan het einde van de tunnel. Dat is, totdat ze getuige is van een gruwelijke moord... of toch niet?",
        "pol": "Załamana Anna, która obserwuje świat z okna salonu, obiera sobie za cel nowego, pezystojnego sąsiada i niewiele później staje się świadkiem makabrycznego morderstwa.",
        "por": "Enquanto mistura vinho, comprimidos, caçarolas e uma grande imaginação, Anna fica obcecada com o novo vizinho e testemunha um homicídio. Ou será que estava a ver coisas?",
        "pt": "Combinando vinho, comprimidos, comida e imaginação fértil, Anna fica obcecada com o vizinho bonitão, até que ela testemunha um assassinato. Ou será que foi só imaginação?",
        "rus": "«Женщина в доме напротив девушки в окне» — тонкая пародия на жанр бытового нуара вроде «Девушки в поезде» или «Женщины в окне». Все здесь подается предельно серьезно, но за этой ширмой проглядывается глумление над штампами подобного герметичного детектива.\r\n\r\nУспешная художница Анна была типичной беззаботной жительницей уютного пригорода для верхней прослойки среднего класса. У нее было все — любящий муж Дуглас (профайлер ФБР) и очаровательная малышка. Но однажды девочку жестоко убил один из подопечных мужа, когда незадачливый агент привел дочку на работу — прямо в лапы маньяку-каннибалу. Событие слишком безумное, чтобы быть правдой, развело супругов. Теперь Анна живет одна в огромном доме, днями напролет хлещет бутылку за бутылкой, редко выходит на улицу и подсматривает за соседями. Все меняется, когда в дом напротив переезжает красавчик и к тому же вдовец Нил. В нем и его дочке Эмме Анна видит свою новую семью, но тут на её глазах происходит жестокое убийство… Или ей показалось?",
        "spa": "Cuando un guapo vecino se muda al otro lado de la calle, Anna, con el corazón roto y para quien todos los días son iguales, comienza a ver una luz al final del túnel. Pero pronto será testigo de un espantoso asesinato... o eso cree.",
        "tur": "Şaraba, haplara ve güvece düşkün, hayal gücü geniş bir kadın olan Anna yakışıklı komşusunu takıntı hâline getirir ve bir cinayete tanık olur. Ama gördükleri gerçek midir?\r\n"
      },
      "translations": {
        "ara": "المرأة في المنزل المقابل لنافذة الفتاة",
        "deu": "The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window",
        "ell": "Η Γυναίκα στο Σπίτι Απέναντι από το Κορίτσι στο Παράθυρο",
        "eng": "The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window",
        "fra": "La femme qui habitait en face de la fille à la fenêtre",
        "ita": "La donna nella casa di fronte alla ragazza dalla finestra",
        "nld": "The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window",
        "pol": "Kobieta z domu naprzeciwko kobiety w oknie",
        "por": "A Vizinha da Mulher na Janela",
        "pt": "A Vizinha da Mulher na Janela",
        "rus": "Женщина в доме напротив девушки в окне",
        "spa": "La mujer de la casa de enfrente de la chica en la ventana",
        "tur": "The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window"
      },
      "network": "Netflix",
      "remote_ids": [
        {
          "id": "https://www.netflix.com/title/81305952",
          "type": 4,
          "sourceName": "Official Website"
        },
        {
          "id": "111838",
          "type": 12,
          "sourceName": "TheMovieDB.com"
        },
        {
          "id": "tt13315324",
          "type": 2,
          "sourceName": "IMDB"
        }
      ],
      "thumbnail": "https://artworks.thetvdb.com/banners/v4/series/390537/posters/61d4781055645_t.jpg"
    },
    {
      "objectID": "series-425909",
      "aliases": [
        "The Winter Child"
      ],
      "country": "gbr",
      "id": "series-425909",
      "image_url": "https://artworks.thetvdb.com/banners/v4/series/425909/posters/634ed1de681b5.jpg",
      "name": "The House Across the Street",
      "first_air_time": "2022-10-17",
      "overview": "A single mum, seemingly ignored by her community and son, longs for connection.",
      "primary_language": "eng",
      "primary_type": "series",
      "status": "Continuing",
      "type": "series",
      "tvdb_id": "425909",
      "year": "2022",
      "slug": "the-house-across-the-street",
      "overviews": {
        "eng": "A single mum, seemingly ignored by her community and son, longs for connection."
      },
      "translations": {
        "eng": "The House Across the Street"
      },
      "network": "Channel 5",
      "remote_ids": [
        {
          "id": "tt22797034",
          "type": 2,
          "sourceName": "IMDB"
        },
        {
          "id": "https://www.channel5.com/show/the-house-across-the-street/season-1/301deb86-5f28-4a0e-971b-33c999deccaa",
          "type": 4,
          "sourceName": "Official Website"
        },
        {
          "id": "212531",
          "type": 12,
          "sourceName": "TheMovieDB.com"
        }
      ],
      "thumbnail": "https://artworks.thetvdb.com/banners/v4/series/425909/posters/634ed1de681b5_t.jpg"
    }
  ],
  "links": {
    "prev": null,
    "self": "https://api4.thetvdb.com/v4/search?query=The House Across the Street&year=2022&limit=500&page=0",
    "next": null,
    "total_items": 2,
    "page_size": 500
  }
}

• Like 1

SwanStream

I believe thetvdb lists on id# order if certain match criteria is met... i.e. these are 100% match, so return in id#. I've seen this with most of my other mis-id'd shows. I used the (2022) as a way of "telling" emby, "nothing after".... didn't work obviously, but it could have!😉

Happy2Play
10 minutes ago, SwanStream said:

I believe thetvdb lists on id# order if certain match criteria is met... i.e. these are 100% match, so return in id#. I've seen this with most of my other mis-id'd shows. I used the (2022) as a way of "telling" emby, "nothing after".... didn't work obviously, but it could have!😉

Sounds correct as their site does the same.  As for year it does not work as they are both 2022.   Alias/alternate titles provide exact matches though.  But not a dev so don't really know how to improve this as this happens quite often primarily with TMDB.

image.thumb.png.cd2749df009d1c9f9870dba9f9b756f2.png

Edited by Happy2Play

SwanStream

So why can't emby look at the return, and grade the answers? I.e. 100% means 100%,  anything extra (as in this case) or missing looses? Then, unless they really are identical, if you copy/paste title from thetvdb you are 100%.