Moving 'Recordings' folder

crusher11

crusher11

If I just change the recording path in the Live TV settings, what happens to the current path? Will it become a second library, or will the files disappear from Emby, or what?

It will add a new library, or folder to existing one in some cases. Nothing will be moved or disappear.

crusher11
On 10/20/2022 at 1:28 AM, Luke said:

It will add a new library, or folder to existing one in some cases. Nothing will be moved or disappear.

This is incorrect, I just did it and it removed all my existing recordings from Emby. The files are still all there, and I moved them into the new Recordings folder, then did a library scan, and I still have no recordings.

EDIT: And in fact I no longer have a Recordings library at all, the only way to access the Recordings content is via Live TV. But it's still empty, despite all the files still being there.

Edited by crusher11

44 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

This is incorrect, I just did it and it removed all my existing recordings from Emby. The files are still all there, and I moved them into the new Recordings folder, then did a library scan, and I still have no recordings.

EDIT: And in fact I no longer have a Recordings library at all, the only way to access the Recordings content is via Live TV. But it's still empty, despite all the files still being there.

What folder have you configured your recordings to go into under Live TV -> Advanced?

crusher11
Just now, roaku said:

What folder have you configured your recordings to go into under Live TV -> Advanced?

The one I copied my recordings to. 

The library image has updated with four posters, so it can clearly see them, but the library is only visible in the amin section and the Recordings page under Live TV shows no recordings. 

2 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

The one I copied my recordings to. 

The library image has updated with four posters, so it can clearly see them, but the library is only visible in the amin section and the Recordings page under Live TV shows no recordings. 

Sounds like it's just still scanning them then.

crusher11
30 minutes ago, roaku said:

Sounds like it's just still scanning them then.

The scan claims to have completed over an hour ago and not a single film appears. 

6 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

The scan claims to have completed over an hour ago and not a single film appears. 

Then there's probably a bad setting somewhere on the Library admin side.

When I did this recently, I ended up with two 'recording' libraries and had to adjust.

Screenshots would cut down on blind guesses.