MB Intros/Cinema Trailers with MBC

koi

Hello,

before the Cinema updates, I had the MB Intros plugin which worked fine to display two streaming trailers in WMC and then the main feature would play using the external player (MPC-HC).  However, I recently updated to the latest version of everything (MBC, MBS, MB Intros) but with either the Cinema mode on (with MB Intros uninstalled) or MB Intros plug-in (Cinema disabled), everything plays in WMC.  If I disable Cinema mode or the MB Intros plug-in entirely, then the main feature opens in the external player.  

Thanks!

Edited by koi

The external player issue is a side-effect of enhancing the intro playback to be a bit more seamless.  I wanted to see if anyone noticed and it took nearly a week for someone to do that - which tells me external players are not in very high use at the moment.

I will attempt to address it as time permits.

I don't know what option you are talking about...

Okay, even though I think the number of people affected will be relatively small, for those people this will be a large impact so I have just put up a new beta that should support intros with external players for the main item again.  Please test.

Sorry, didn't have much time lately to head down into the theater with my main setup, so I didn't notice it until yesterday.  I tested with the Cinema trailers, but didn't get a chance to test with the MB Intros plugin.  With MKVs, the trailers played beforehand, and launched MPC-HC for the main movie.  With Blu-Ray folders, MPC-HC launched to play the movie, and then the trailers played afterwards.

Edited by koi

J e f f

I have noticed the same issues but haven't had time to post. Pixilated trailers, trailers would take up to 45 seconds to start playing. My custom intro would play, a trailer would play but the movie would not. I just tested the new beta and everything seems to be working fine now. Thanks

Any quality or delay issues are completely unrelated to what we're talking about here which was simply the ability to launch the main movie in an external player.

Those other issues have to do with the quality of the particular trailer and the quality of the connection available for streaming.  Any changes in those things with this last update are coincidental.

Downloaded latest server and tested with MB Intros and Cinema.  With MKVs, the trailers play before the movie as expected.  With Blu-Ray folders, trailers start after the feature.

Downloaded latest server and tested with MB Intros and Cinema.  With MKVs, the trailers play before the movie as expected.  With Blu-Ray folders, trailers start after the feature.

I cannot reproduce this.  I'll need a log.

Maybe that's why they call them trailers... ;)

Okay, thx, I'll look at that.

Clever!

Here are the logs.  Looks like some strange stuff is happening.  The first with MB Intros I think i still had the Cinema options enabled so I don't know which takes precedence.  The second with the Cinema enabled definitely had MB Intros uninstalled.

[EDIT: New files with Windows CRLFs; sorry!]

Cinema.log

MBIntros.log

Edited by koi

Yikes, your logs have all the line feeds stripped from them making them impossible to read.  Can you fix that?

Yikes, your logs have all the line feeds stripped from them making them impossible to read.  Can you fix that?

Sorry, updated original post with new logs.

Okay, I suspect it is the theme video messing it up.  What happens if you temporarily un-install that?

Okay, I suspect it is the theme video messing it up.  What happens if you temporarily un-install that?

That resolved the problem.  Trailers now play before the movie (in Blu-Ray folders).

Okay.  Doesn't have anything to do with it being a BD its just that those are the ones you have theme videos for.

Honestly, I'm not sure what to do about this yet...

You're right... 500 Days had only theme music but tried another selection as an MKV that had a theme video with the same results (e.g. trailers post).  Thanks for investigating...