Guide Data Setup

cbradley69
Go to solution Solved by cbradley69,

cbradley69

This is going to be a stupid one. I had to update my Internet gateway computer (Among its duties is the firewall, Emby server runs on a different server) now Emby will not update the TV guide. I deleted the old "Guide Data Sources" and tried adding a new one. I select Country: "united states", Guide source: "Emby guide data". Zipcode "53202" then nothing appears under Lineup:. THen I get the error "There was an error downloading tv lineups. Please ensure your information is correct and try again." What am I missing? Do I need to open a special port to allow the guide data to download?

Ok, as it turns out all of the server's outgoing communications are failing. Not just for this but other domains as well. Are you able to update to Emby Server 4.7.8?
Are you behind a VPN?

• Solution
cbradley69

I knew this was going to be a stupid one. For some reason the DHCP server, running on the gateway, never assigned DNS servers to the Emby server computer. Every other device on the network is working perfectly since the update and have valid DHCP data. Restarted the network on the Emby server and it all works. I'm a bit confused, but THANKS!!!

• Thanks 1