Catch-Up Integration for Live TV

EODCrafter

EODCrafter

Any update on being able to search backwards in the Guide in order to take advantage of "Catch-Up" TV with Emby?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Agree 1

• 1 year later...
42 minutes ago, Shaikeme said:

Is there any updates about this feature?

Hi there, not yet, but it's possible for future updates. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
Mlaforge

Another year has gone by and this is still not available. More providers are offering catch up then ever before, can we please get this functionality soon?

EODCrafter
5 minutes ago, Mlaforge said:

Another year has gone by and this is still not available. More providers are offering catch up then ever before, can we please get this functionality soon?

Yes, in the future.

• Facepalm 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Mlaforge said:

More providers are offering catch up then ever before

Hi.  What providers?

EODCrafter
9 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  What providers?

You don't want that discussion on here.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Mlaforge

Not sure it's appropriate to name them, but I have 2 main providers and one of them just expanded catchup to ALL UK channels. My other provider also has a substantial number of channels that have catchup. 

Given, my main reason for using Emby is to record, I am finding myself using other clients and using the catchup feature rather than record them with emby. 

Edited by Mlaforge

28 minutes ago, EODCrafter said:

You don't want that discussion on here.

We won't be looking to integrate with features specific to illegal content acquisition.

EODCrafter
3 hours ago, ebr said:

We won't be looking to integrate with features specific to illegal content acquisition.

Catch-up TV is not illegal, but you don't need to know who it's from to enable it emby like it is in Tivimate do you?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Mlaforge

How is it that this thread has been up for 2 years and the only responses have said you are working on it and now it's about the legality of it?

• Agree 1

Locutus64
5 hours ago, ebr said:

They said NOTHING about illegal content. Pretty tacky to jump to that conclusion. I'm with the OP on this being intergrated. I don't know the laws in other countries but here in the states we are allowed to record one copy of a show or movie for our own personal use as long as we get the channel the content is provided by. 

• Agree 2

EODCrafter
1 hour ago, Locutus64 said:

They said NOTHING about illegal content. Pretty tacky to jump to that conclusion. I'm with the OP on this being intergrated. I don't know the laws in other countries but here in the states we are allowed to record one copy of a show or movie for our own personal use as long as we get the channel the content is provided by. 

AFAIK any form of streaming is not illegal. Law passed in 2020 by the Trump administration.

The bill specifically targets commercial or for-profit websites that operate as "digital transmission service[s]", that primarily function to stream copyrighted material without authorization of the copyright holders.[3]

My Emby is just for personal use.

Edited by EODCrafter
  • Facepalm 1

Well, that's why I asked which providers had this?  What legal TV service provides this feature such that it could be integrated into Emby?

• Facepalm 1

EODCrafter
13 minutes ago, ebr said:

Well, that's why I asked which providers had this?  What legal TV service provides this feature such that it could be integrated into Emby?

So you have to know personal information to add a feature? Do you ask every library user where they get their movies from?

• Facepalm 1

17 minutes ago, EODCrafter said:

So you have to know personal information to add a feature?

Nothing to do with personal information.  I'm asking for what publicly available and legal services/providers are out there that we could integrate with for this feature.  I didn't request anything personal.

TeamB
16 minutes ago, ebr said:

Nothing to do with personal information.  I'm asking for what publicly available and legal services/providers are out there that we could integrate with for this feature.  I didn't request anything personal.

They are not asking for integration, they just want TV epg history so they can look back x days to see what has been on and use their catchup services to watch that.

Here in Aust we have a bunch of catch up TV services you can log into to watch TV shows you missed

https://10play.com.au/

I don't think you would ever be able to "integrate" them directly into Emby, but you could use Emby to see what you missed.

Edited by TeamB

I suppose we could always add an option to allow old data to be kept in the guide.

1 hour ago, TeamB said:

They are not asking for integration, they just want TV epg history so they can look back x days to see what has been on

If that's the case then I suppose that is possible but could be quite confusing to a lot of people.

EODCrafter
47 minutes ago, ebr said:

If that's the case then I suppose that is possible but could be quite confusing to a lot of people.

Make it optional!

TeamB

@ebr I think you split this from a conversation in the features request forum? I am not sure the title is correct based on the ask.

Locutus64
11 hours ago, ebr said:

Read @TeamB's post under yours. Then as your alluding to doing it for each channel that has the feature instead of across the board will steal time and resources better used to fix things that should of been fixed already and time that can be better used to add features that have been in the works for YEARS.

Mlaforge

What’s important to one is not necessarily important to someone else. However, the fact that anything requested gets slapped with a label of “future release” and then forgotten by the team is the point of my post. This thread is nearly 2 years old and it’s been said at least 3 times that it could be done. Yet, nothing.

“We’re working on it”, or any form of that, pretty much means “go shit in your hat”. 

• Agree 1

Locutus64
On 2/27/2024 at 1:09 PM, EODCrafter said:

AFAIK any form of streaming is not illegal. Law passed in 2020 by the Trump administration.

The bill specifically targets commercial or for-profit websites that operate as "digital transmission service[s]", that primarily function to stream copyrighted material without authorization of the copyright holders.[3]

My Emby is just for personal use.

As stated before do not mention Aldolf Hitler Jr. again. As for your imaginary bill it doesn't exisit.