Freezing on all my roku's but works on browser

PGP

I have been trying to watch IPTV on my roku (we have 3 of them). They all keep freezing but when I watch from laptop via browser, it works well. On the Roku all the other app like Netflix and YouTube all work well so I don't think it wifi or the wire connection ( two of the Roku are wired connection).

Happy2Play

Is there a reason you are on 4.7.5.0 instead of current release?

Does switching from Vaapi to Quick Sync make any difference?

But to me it looks like the hardware is choking on the media as the transcode logs are not processing media fast enough.

I am running Emby on TerraMaster and this is the version they have. I will ask them if they have an update to the latest version.

I changed all the transcoding decoders to QuickSync and it does work much better. While not perfect, it watchable now. Are there any other options I can play with to try to get it to be better?

Thanks

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, PGP said:

I am running Emby on TerraMaster and this is the version they have. I will ask them if they have an update to the latest version.

It is on our Download page or GitHub, but don't know the auto update process for these devices.

Emby Server for TerraMaster NAS - Emby

Release 4.7.8.0 · MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases (github.com)

As for the Roku it is a rather finicky device.  You can try client/app setting open Roku app and hit the star key or cog at top right Setting-Playback-scroll down to Allow Direct Stream of Live TV and enable.  But believe this affects FF/RW.

1 hour ago, PGP said:

We did submit 4.7.8 to TerraMaster, just FYI. They may not have released it yet.

• 2 weeks later...