Emby Connect can obtain email address

scheideggstrasse

scheideggstrasse

Hello,

I didn't find the right forum to post this - it's probably more a bug as a featuere:

I came across a potential "data breach" with emby connect.

If I add an user on my local emby server and enter the emby connect username, it shows me the mail of the user.

For example I added "ramer" and it showed me the mail "ramerbiggs417@gmail.com" - that shouldn't be the case from my point of view.
This way I could program a script with "dummy" usernames and get 100s of mails of emby users.

Cheers

GrimReaper

Actually, linking via Connect usernames should be disbanded altogether and only emails used IMHO. 

Edited by GrimReaper
Typo
  • Agree 2

visproduction

I am not familar with Emby connect.  Isn't "Add user" an admin only function.  Admin person, in any web social network code, can see user's data and contact.  Make the users non-admin. Does that not stop them form being able to add users?  

Edited by visproduction

Spaceboy
5 minutes ago, visproduction said:

I am not familar with Emby connect.  Isn't "Add user" an admin only function.  Admin person, in any web social network code, can see user's data and contact.  Make the users non-admin. Does that not stop them form being able to add users?  

emby allows adding of user accounts by use of the forum username. so for instance i can see your email address is a @cox.net one

• Thanks 1

On 10/16/2022 at 10:46 AM, GrimReaper said:

Actually, linking via Connect usernames should be disbanded altogether and only emails used IMHO. 

That is the plan but we needed a transition.

• Like 1