DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 1 - cloudflared

kaj
Go to solution Solved by kaj,

@FrostByte @cayars

Received a notice that an update is available for DSM. I saw the post about AME, but cloudflared is the one I'm worried about..

After downloading, and before installing, I get the following:

image.png.614a82410a4c167185ca9cf723a26a05.png

I'm most concerned about cloudflared, as there doesn't seem to be a new version...  are you using this?

Have you updated to DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 1 and experienced any problems? 

Thanks.

FrostByte

I've been running the update for a couple weeks now without problems.  However, I don't run cloudflared.  Are you running 2022.8?

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

I've been running the update for a couple weeks now without problems.  However, I don't run cloudflared.  Are you running 2022.8?

Yes, already on 2022.8. I think @cayars is running cloudflared, so hopefully he can answer when he has a mo.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kaj said:

@FrostByte @cayars

Received a notice that an update is available for DSM. I saw the post about AME, but cloudflared is the one I'm worried about..

After downloading, and before installing, I get the following:

image.png.614a82410a4c167185ca9cf723a26a05.png

I'm most concerned about cloudflared, as there doesn't seem to be a new version...  are you using this?

Have you updated to DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 1 and experienced any problems? 

Thanks.

I'm running DSM 7.1.1-42962

4 hours ago, FrostByte said:

What is 2022.8 you're referring to?

FrostByte
36 minutes ago, cayars said:

I'm running DSM 7.1.1-42962

I noticed that's the version of cloudfared on Synocommunity.  Is that the version you're running?

5 hours ago, cayars said:

That's the version of cloudflared I currently have installed pre- update. There does not appear to be a newer version, however the DSM update message is telling me I'll have to update it after installation

• Like 1

I don't have a tunnel running on Synology but on a Windows machine since I've got multiple servers.

I doubt there is any massive thing in this release you must have so if in doubt, just wait until there is a new version of cloudflared ready.  That or you could install a virtual DSM machine and ty it there first to make sure it works.

What I've generally found is that as long as you have your data files backed up Synology is pretty easy to recover from a bone-head operator error. : )  I've probably no less that 6 times reset it as I've gotten it in a bad state a few times testing things before publishing or helping users.  A box reset will reload the OS/DSM and you can load straight to your last working version.  The first couple times it's a bit un-nerving to do but now I don't even think twice about doing a reset.  So that's probably you're worst case situation.

Carlo

• Like 1

Thanks Carlo. I'll probably wait, as I'm remote from my Synology and don't want to mess things up when I'm not physically present 😀

FrostByte
4 hours ago, cayars said:

A box reset will reload the OS/DSM and you can load straight to your last working version.  The first couple times it's a bit un-nerving to do but now I don't even think twice about doing a reset.  So that's probably you're worst case situation.

Carlo

The little pin hole in the back which resets everything has saved me a couple times when messing with things :)

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

The little pin hole in the back which resets everything has saved me a couple times when messing with things :)

He he, that's 2,500km from me at the moment.... 

• Like 2

• Solution

A user on reddit installed the same version of cloudflared on a machine which had already completed the update and had no problems. I went ahead and did the DSM update and cloudflared coninues working without problems... :)

• Like 2

Dang, beet me to it. :)  

I was going to post I upgraded this morning using a tunnel and haven't had a issue.

• Thanks 1

I also contacted the developer to check to and just got a reply..

Happy to hear that you found my package useful.

As far as I understand, the warning is displayed due to the package target being set to DSM 7.0, which for the most part should be compatible with 7.1.

Here's the issue with more info: https://github.com/SynoCommunity/spksrc/issues/4524#issuecomment-1213116413

Personally I've updated my DS220j with no issues.

1 hour ago, heffeque said:

Just as a heads up, 7.1.1 Update 2 is out.

I don't think it will be a problem, as the dev pointed out the message is generated by the target version of the app. Update 2 hasn't been pushed to my system yet, I wait until it does rather than doing a manual update.