Emby not tagging audiobooks author correctly?

Albertax

Albertax

Hi Team, I've noticed a bit of a strange one where some of my audiobooks get the author tagged, but some take the category of "Audiobooks". I am pretty particular about my metadata, and i manually join all of my audiobooks with a converter program and put all of the metadata.

Is their a setting i should be using in the libary to prevent this? 

This is the behaviour that i'm getting below, for example the Kate Quinn book.

image.thumb.png.a3ae6417051471e4fb61675a3a42252b.png

And these are my libarry settings for Audiobooks

image.png.6e5c4bd717e8752bf6892b1799944b28.png

Gilgamesh_48

As much as I like Emby for my media I have decided that Emby is simply unsuited for audiobooks. At least for me.

I would kind of like to use Emby for all my media but it just will not work as I need it to.
Try MediaMonkey for audiobooks. It is much more versatile and easier to use.

• Thanks 1

Happy2Play

Sorry no as it should be coming from embedded tags.  But there is some fallback to folder but don't believe it applies to Auther/Artist.

Would need to see what ffprobe shows for the file.

ffprobe -i "path_to_file" -show_streams -show_format -print_format json

52 minutes ago, Albertax said:

Hi Team, I've noticed a bit of a strange one where some of my audiobooks get the author tagged, but some take the category of "Audiobooks". I am pretty particular about my metadata, and i manually join all of my audiobooks with a converter program and put all of the metadata.

Is their a setting i should be using in the libary to prevent this? 

This is the behaviour that i'm getting below, for example the Kate Quinn book.

image.thumb.png.a3ae6417051471e4fb61675a3a42252b.png

And these are my libarry settings for Audiobooks

image.png.6e5c4bd717e8752bf6892b1799944b28.png

Hi, have you checked the embedded metadata within your files? Most likely it's either missing or incorrect.

Gilgamesh_48

My earlier post was removed for no good reason! Please restore the post. It is related to the thread and simply said that Emby was inappropriate for audiobooks and suggested MediaMonkey. There is nothing wrong with that.

Or are you folks now suppressing ideas that are outside your control?

3 minutes ago, Gilgamesh_48 said:

My earlier post was removed for no good reason! Please restore the post. It is related to the thread and simply said that Emby was inappropriate for audiobooks and suggested MediaMonkey. There is nothing wrong with that.

Or are you folks now suppressing ideas that are outside your control?

Hi, This is a troubleshooting thread. Your posting was not relevant, nor helping contribute to solving the problem. Feel free to start a topic discussing strengths and weaknesses, and that would be a good place for that, but please keep this one on topic. Thanks.

Gilgamesh_48
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, This is a troubleshooting thread. Your posting was not relevant, nor helping contribute to solving the problem. Feel free to start a topic discussing strengths and weaknesses, and that would be a good place for that, but please keep this one on topic. Thanks.

It was VERY appropriate as far as i am concerned as it suggested a fix that actually works. But you own Emby and what you say goes even if it is close minded.

Due to your heavy handed response you are causing me to rethink my involvement with helping Emby.
I am not yet quite at the point where I will withdraw from the attempts to help but I am damn close.
I know you don't need me but this is excessive.
If I had gone on and argued for MediaMonkey over Emby then, maybe, hiding it would be correct but all I did was make a suggestion that would have, in my opinion, fixed the problem by simply making the problem go away.

It is, as I said, your board and you can do as you please, but my involvement is optional and that option is becoming less attractive.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh_48 said:

It was VERY appropriate as far as i am concerned as it suggested a fix that actually works. But you own Emby and what you say goes even if it is close minded.

Due to your heavy handed response you are causing me to rethink my involvement with helping Emby.
I am not yet quite at the point where I will withdraw from the attempts to help but I am damn close.
I know you don't need me but this is excessive.
If I had gone on and argued for MediaMonkey over Emby then, maybe, hiding it would be correct but all I did was make a suggestion that would have, in my opinion, fixed the problem by simply making the problem go away.

It is, as I said, your board and you can do as you please, but my involvement is optional and that option is becoming less attractive.

The particular issue in this thread is almost assuredly related to the data in the user's own file. To just come out say and the software is not suitable for audiobooks is going to potentially drive someone away despite the fact that the issue is most likely in their own file. 

Gilgamesh_48
Just now, Luke said:

The particular issue in this thread is almost assuredly related to the data in the user's own file. To just come out say and the software is not suitable for audiobooks is going to potentially drive someone away despite the fact that the issue is most likely in their own file. 

If you are correct, and you might be, then leaving my post alone would have had a LOT less impact that your action caused. At this point there are four choices for you:
1. Leave everything just as it is without any further action.
2. Delete all my posts and all your posts replying to me.
3. Restore the original post but delete all the discussion about it.
4. Ban me from the board.

You do as you see fit and so will I.

Just remember that fixing a problem can sometimes mean just making the problem go away or make it so that it is someone else's problem.

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh_48 said:

If you are correct, and you might be, then leaving my post alone would have had a LOT less impact that your action caused. At this point there are four choices for you:
1. Leave everything just as it is without any further action.
2. Delete all my posts and all your posts replying to me.
3. Restore the original post but delete all the discussion about it.
4. Ban me from the board.

You do as you see fit and so will I.

Just remember that fixing a problem can sometimes mean just making the problem go away or make it so that it is someone else's problem.

I think if you had just waited until it was discovered there was an actual issue in the software then that would have been fine. I think to just come out and say that though before we even know what's going on, that's not really helping us resolve the user's problem. 

Gilgamesh_48
Just now, Luke said:

I think if you had just waited until it was discovered there was an actual issue in the software then that would have been fine. I think to just come out and say that though before we even know what's going on, that's not really helping us resolve the user's problem. 

OK. Goodby!

Albertax

@LukeI for one am the opposite in this case. I use Emby Web to play my audiobooks during work hours, and then when I goto the gym I can pickup where I left off - it's fantastic. Enough for me to drop a popular purpose built audiobook player on iOS. 

I will have another look at the metadata, and fingers crossed I can get it resolved. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Albertax said:

@LukeI for one am the opposite in this case. I use Emby Web to play my audiobooks during work hours, and then when I goto the gym I can pickup where I left off - it's fantastic. Enough for me to drop a popular purpose built audiobook player on iOS. 

I will have another look at the metadata, and fingers crossed I can get it resolved. 

Please let us know what you find. Thanks !