If Emby is All in one "Player" why not...

nusuzst

nusuzst

If Emby is All in one "Player" why not...make Surveillance Monitoring Station? 
Probably useless feature but just popped to my mind when I was deleting Qmusic, Qvideo and Plex from my NAS, because I have Emby now 💪 With Surveillance I could get rid of another QNAP app. And there is no other app that could do live view of CCTV on your TV! (I have WebOS LG TV)

Spoiler

Doesn't have to be proper Surveillance Station. Simple Live View and Playback would do. Or it's a rocket science behind it and It's not worth it? 

1624919433_Imageon2022-10-1312_30_46am.thumb.jpg.08923ba6bc4fdce80bccf1117eac086c.jpg

Edited by nusuzst
  • Like 1

HI, that's a whole other market of users, right? That would be a whole new venture from the ground up.

• Agree 1

nusuzst
9 hours ago, Luke said:

HI, that's a whole other market of users, right? That would be a whole new venture from the ground up.

I'm not in to dev and apps. I'm just simple guy that fall in love in Emby. And I'm a big fan of movies and music. I'm trying to help in a good way only. 

"new venture from the ground up" ok understand. 

Thanks Luke

Cheesegeezer

I think this would be a good channel plugin initially, however, it’s very tricky as there are only about a million chinese cameras out there and not all are RSTP, ONVIF but it would essentially come in as MJPEG and update frame by frame for live view. 

i like this idea. So might give it a shot to implement once i get back from here

7183A775-E871-4DE4-8554-8B9A74C53795.thumb.jpeg.4dc33da07432039a65312bafec36e85a.jpeg

• Haha 1

nusuzst

i like this idea. So might give it a shot to implement once i get back from here

That would be amazing! Let me know when you will start "Surveillance" project/plugin.  

P.S. Where are you? 😆

Love Emby ❤️

Edited by nusuzst

Cheesegeezer
23 minutes ago, nusuzst said:

That would be amazing! Let me know when you will start "Surveillance" project/plugin.  

P.S. Where are you? 😆

Love Emby ❤️

I’ll start proof of concept first, when i get time, next week possibly. And then i need to learn how to write a channel as only ever done plugins before. But i have some sample code from my good friend chef to get me started.

in Holland working on Geothermal wells at the minute but heading over to Germany on Sunday for oil and gas.

👍

bonaminGR
15 hours ago, nusuzst said:

If Emby is All in one "Player" why not...make Surveillance Monitoring Station? 

That is indeed a whole new direction. :) 

Although I added some of my cameras on Emby as "IPTV" links. 
I want to frequently check SOME of them ASAP, so it works. But other than that it doesn't matter for me. 

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Yes there have been a few topics over the years and is dependent of protocol used but is already possible via IPTV plugins.

FrostByte
5 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

I think this would be a good channel plugin initially, however, it’s very tricky as there are only about a million chinese cameras out there and not all are RSTP, ONVIF but it would essentially come in as MJPEG and update frame by frame for live view. 

7183A775-E871-4DE4-8554-8B9A74C53795.thumb.jpeg.4dc33da07432039a65312bafec36e85a.jpeg

No wonder you said it was a lot of work raising your sheep.  My wife and I raise our Shetland's on a farm.  You raise yours on an oil rig :)

• Haha 1

nusuzst

in Holland working on Geothermal wells at the minute but heading over to Germany on Sunday for oil and gas.

Sound interesting :) 

But i have some sample code from my good friend chef to get me started.

👌🤌 

PM me when you will do beta test of "CCTV" plugin

FrostByte

@Cheesegeezerbtw I may be interested in the plugin to if doing a beta.  Right now, I'm just having Synology Surveillance center feed into a library which I've added to Emby.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer

Ok so looks like we have a beta crew. Spaceboy, nusuzst and ole FrostyNickers.

can you guys jot down release goals for the plugin roadmap and we can take it from there.

• Like 1

Spaceboy

currently i just have the live feeds from my 4 onvif/rtsp cameras appended to my iptv m3u.

the ideal would be to have a single page displaying the live feeds from all 4 cameras where each could be opened and watched live and rewound as desired. However i doubt its possible for 4 live streams to be displayed at once as i think that has already been requested regarding general picture in picture functionality

Home Assistant is able to display 4 streams at once in a frame by displaying a static image taken every 10s from the stream. you can then load the live stream by selecting each. something like that would seem achievable to me?

• Like 1

nusuzst
3 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Ok so looks like we have a beta crew. Spaceboy, nusuzst and ole FrostyNickers.

can you guys jot down release goals for the plugin roadmap and we can take it from there.

Ready for Test Flight.

I have 4 Onvfi cameras as well. For now I'm using factory app - Reolink. Workign flowless.

• Like 1

Junglejim

😄 This kind of stuff is just awesome!

I'll prob never use it but I think it's great that you guys love to tinker with these ideas.

Good luck guys, I'm sure you'll nail it. :)

Cheesegeezer

So I’m just having a think about all of this. 

In the config to add cameras, do we just allow the user to put in the url for the camera and they can include the username and password in that. Otherwise the possibilities are endless as to the format for each cameras URL.

• Agree 1

nusuzst
17 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

So I’m just having a think about all of this. 

In the config to add cameras, do we just allow the user to put in the url for the camera and they can include the username and password in that. Otherwise the possibilities are endless as to the format for each cameras URL.

I'm not in to cctv or dev. But url/IP connectio and login and pass will do.

All the settings, VPN, ftp connections, recording, record play, we can do on the factory or Nas app. 

So yes url/IP, login and pass, and port number (last one is important as well) will do the job :) 

Maybe in the future “play recorded video from date&time” 

• 3 months later...
Cheesegeezer
11 minutes ago, nusuzst said:

Hi, Yes, I'm asking if there any work on CCTV project?

Sorry i haven't looked at this yet.  i plan to get around to this, but it's not high up on my priority list.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...