Playback Won't Start After Update

Scott310

Scott310

Hey there,

I just wanted to say that the new update to the android app looks great.  However, it used to work beautifully for me without issue but after the update playback won't start for any media types; movies or music.

I also tried the web app on my ANdroid and transcoding will begin but playback will not start.  This all started after the most recent updates.  I will be happy to attach any logs you need.

Also a family member that access my server over the web via a roku said that they couldn't get a movie to start either.  I'm not sure if the two issues are related or not.

Thanks in advance for the help!

jamvids

Mine did this, there was a server update this morning, I applied that and re started and everything was okay after that

blade005

There have been a few comments since the Android update that transcoding sessions that fail for any reason from the Android client will then prevent any future transcoding requests from any client (WebUI, Android, Roku) from starting until the Media Browser server has been stopped and restarted. I have experienced this a few times and a restart of the MB Server will clear it up until the next failure from Android client.

Scott310

Blade that seems to be exactly the problem.  I noticed that after a restart of the server I can get other players working again.  But I still have not had even one successful transcode on the android client :(

cole7007

I'm in the same boat here using the same server version with the new android app.  3.0.5390.25829

Hoping there is some fix, update, or workaround as this update has rendered all of my android mediabrowser clients inoperable for videos.  The kids keep asking me why their tablets won't play videos  :mellow: 

I'm sure Redshirt is working on it but if others have found workarounds (other than rebooting the server every time the app crashes) it would be great to hear them.

blade005

Hmmm that's strange what version are you using? 

I'm on Version 3.0.5390.25829

Received an updated MB Server today to Version 3.0.5393.38626  But, the Server version doesn't seem to matter.

For now, I have turned on the External Player on Android Tablet and Phone and try to avoid using either for media types (i.e. LIVE TV) that require a transcode. The other issue I have encountered is that the latest Android version appears to transcode all media types, even those that previously were direct played. So, turning off the internal player while not my preference, seems to be a workaround as the Android app evolves.