[Feature Request] Add an option for Pin unlock for remote users

Guest RXWatcher

Guest RXWatcher

Let me explain:

I'm close to getting to my idea situation Emby.

By choosing:

Hide this user from Login Screens on Devices they've never signed in before gives me close to what I'm trying to achieve. I'm trying to replicate Plex Home for my extended family.

I give my uncle, nephews and aunt individual accounts on Emby in order to get their own watch histories.

I have my uncle's family for remote people and my coworkers and friends as well.

They have Emby on their main tv. They can switch between accounts since I leave the 'hide this user from login screens when connected remotely' unchecked and check 'Hide this user from Login Screens on Devices they've never signed in before' checked so now on their main tv if they've logged into the device before it'll show 'stan','laura', 'john','rick'. All good but it prompts them to enter passwords to switch users. I'd like to use a pin like how I can have 'Use a numeric pin on the local network', I'd like a 'Use a numeric pin on devices you've signed in before'. I dont see this as reducing security because they would still need to initially sign in with their passwords on the device in the first place.

It would greatly help my uncle (who isnt well and has some cognitive issues) use emby.

Thank you!

-RX

Hi.  Even though this suggested solution is slightly different, the end result/desire is basically the same so let's discuss in that other topic.

Thanks.