No Config Sidebar

AndyInSpain

AndyInSpain

Hi all,

Having installed Emby, and run the server a couple of times, I now find that when I click "Configure Emby" the sidebar has disappeared. All I see is the server information (screenshot attached). How can I get the sidebar back so I can configure my server?

Many thanks!

Andy

Emby.png.5b8a530244fcab2fe6eed6268b8a7af9.png

Edited by GrimReaper
WAN IP Hidden

Hello AndyInSpain,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

OK, I haven't seen this happen before, but maybe try clearing browsing data and see if that helps.

AndyInSpain

Thanks Luke, but that made no difference.  I just did a complete reinstall of Emby, but there is still no sidebar.

This is Windows 10, by the way.

Can you show a complete screenshot of the window? What browser and browser version? Can you try a different browser to compare to?

AndyInSpain

Hi Luke. Well this is interesting. I was using Google Chrome (105.0.5195.127, 64-bit) but it works perfectly in Microsoft Edge (106.0.1370.37). Suspecting an extension problem, I disabled all my Chrome extensions but it made no difference. I am attaching a full screenshot of what I see in Chrome and one of the same view in Edge for comparison.

I am really grateful for your help Luke! It's much appreciated

All the best.

image.thumb.png.2e6b85fd17e13736534324b89a9f2fc9.png

image.thumb.png.01171ef992fc5e0c7110ef0c51cfe0ed.png

Edited by Happy2Play
Edited images

AndyInSpain

Hi Luke. Well this is odd. Chrome does indeed look zoomed. But the weird thing is that the zoom does not work at all for that tab. You can zoom in and out, either on the keyboard or from the menu, but the resolution does not change - nothing happens. It works fine on my other open tabs. How very odd!

AndyInSpain

Tried that. No difference. How very strange. But please don't worry too much. At least I can figure my Emby with MS Edge. I don't really like using it as a browser, but I can if I have to. I'm just curious as to why Chrome is having problems. Thanks Luke!

AndyInSpain

Hi Luke! Ok, I have solved this.

It's something which sort of makes sense. The problem is that the display was set to "TV view". Apparently running TV View on a PC monitor adjusts the screen so that the sidebar is not visible. I proved this by reinstalling Emby but not yet entering my Premiere key and thus not having access to TV View. At this point all was fine. When I then entered my Premiere key and changed to TV View the sidebar was no longer visible. This  probably also explains why the zoom in Chrome doesn't work. After testing, I've demonstrated that this quirk of TV View applies to both Chrome and Edge and I suspect other browsers too.

I don't know if this is something you may want to address, or at least perhaps note it somewhere in the documentation. Or perhaps it might be possible to always display the Config screens in normal view regardless of which display type the user has selected, so that they are always available.

In the meantime, to avoid reinstalling Emby again do you know how I can, without having access to the sidebar, switch back to another view so the sidebar is visible? Is that setting perhaps in an xml file somewhere that I can change?

Many thanks!

Andy.

Edited by AndyInSpain

Happy2Play
31 minutes ago, AndyInSpain said:

In the meantime, to avoid reinstalling Emby again do you know how I can, without having access to the sidebar, switch back to another view so the sidebar is visible? Is that setting in an xml file somewhere that I can change?

Just click the user icon App Settings as that is your sidebar.

But yes TV mode changes things. 

Edited by Happy2Play