Since today's v 4.7.8 update nothing gets a played checkmark

Mendocinotim

Mendocinotim

I watched two programs from my personal library of movies and tv shows since updating.

But since today's v 4.7.8 update, regardless of whether I try it from the emby app on my apple tv or via the server itself on my iMac, watched' tv shows are not getting a green (watched) check mark after completing an episode. Additionally, this holds true even if I manually mark them as watched at the server itself. A page refresh proves this.

I restarted the server several times, this makes no difference.

The two programs (to find in the logs - see attached) are as follows:

1. See S03E07 (watched at approxamitely 00:00 EST Oct 9)
  2. The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power S01E07 (watched at approxamitely 01:00 EST Oct 9)

Thanks for any help or suggestions on this issue.

embyserver-63800865981.numbers

Mendocinotim

There are still some issues having to do with TV episodes - most notably.. some shows, once an episode is watched, will fail to get the "watched" flag. Others might get the watched flag, but fail to rotate to the end of the line in the continue watching list. These issues are intermittent, and seem to affect only some shows.

There's nothing special or unique that could set these apart from other episodes - as far as I can tell.
And yet they do occasionally fail to set the watched flag. Have you had other similar reports from other folks, i wonder?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2022 at 11:58 AM, Mendocinotim said:

There are still some issues having to do with TV episodes - most notably.. some shows, once an episode is watched, will fail to get the "watched" flag. Others might get the watched flag, but fail to rotate to the end of the line in the continue watching list. These issues are intermittent, and seem to affect only some shows.

There's nothing special or unique that could set these apart from other episodes - as far as I can tell.
And yet they do occasionally fail to set the watched flag. Have you had other similar reports from other folks, i wonder?

Hi @Mendocinotim can you please provide a specific example of one of these that didn't get the watched flag? Thanks !

Mendocinotim

Nope - it has been too long, and I can't remember now.

However, this only happened a couple of times around the same time.
I sent you the log and any identifying information when I reported it.
Perhaps that will help.
I wish I could be more help, but that's all I got.