Can’t connect to UnRAID server via Kodi using Emby Next Gen 6.2.20

jkasanic

jkasanic
2 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Oki, but as mentioned. You can try Kodi on a PC/Mac. At least you can rule something out with this test. If it works on PC, the issue is most likely located on the boxes/boxes communication to unraid.

If same issue on PC -> unraid/network config issue.

Ok, I’ll try to setup Kodi on my VM and see if I can connect. Thanks

• Like 1

jkasanic
4 hours ago, quickmic said:

Oki, but as mentioned. You can try Kodi on a PC/Mac. At least you can rule something out with this test. If it works on PC, the issue is most likely located on the boxes/boxes communication to unraid.

If same issue on PC -> unraid/network config issue.

Ok, so it's the same issue with a PC version of kodi. Amazon FireTV app working fine. Very perplexing...

• 2 weeks later...
jkasanic

Haven’t been able to get anywhere with Emby Next Gen. Emby Con has a live connection to my Emby server as I can see content is being updated by browsing categories but I’m unable to playback a tv show. The Kodi log showed an error (could not open file, OpenDemxuStream - Error creating demuxer).

So curious why Emby Con can at least connect to my server while Emby Next Gen times out?

Edit: premature I guess, even though the server content is updated, time-out issue on playback. I sent you guys log by PM. Still seeing another IP address listed.

Edited by jkasanic

jkasanic

I finally figured out what was causing the timeout. Somehow I managed to change the secuirty of my "Media" share (where all of my files are stored) from secure (read only access) to private (username/password).  Once I changed it to private, Emby Next Gen was able to connect.  Hope this helps someone else!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
jkasanic

@quickmicJust reporting back on this issue now that I’ve switched ISP’s and hardware (both modem and router). Went from AT&T 1G Fiber to Spectrum 1G cable. Also upgraded to a Ubiquiti Dream Machine SE. The timeouts have migrated by device meaning some devices that connected to Emby Server via Kodi before won’t connect now and vice versa. Emby app for Google and FireTV both connect to the server without issue. I’m using Emby Next Gen 6.10.5 on most clients.

quickmic
12 hours ago, jkasanic said:

@quickmicJust reporting back on this issue now that I’ve switched ISP’s and hardware (both modem and router). Went from AT&T 1G Fiber to Spectrum 1G cable. Also upgraded to a Ubiquiti Dream Machine SE. The timeouts have migrated by device meaning some devices that connected to Emby Server via Kodi before won’t connect now and vice versa. Emby app for Google and FireTV both connect to the server without issue. I’m using Emby Next Gen 6.10.5 on most clients.

Well I recommend upgrading to latest 8.X version. There are lot's of improvements compared with 6.X.

jkasanic
7 hours ago, quickmic said:

Well I recommend upgrading to latest 8.X version. There are lot's of improvements compared with 6.X.

Ok, upgraded to latest version of 8.x and now I’m stuck on the user login. No matter what credentials I use it says wrong username or password. Previously I had one user with no password set. So I tried creating a new user with a password and still same error. Would emby server log help?

Edit: is there a trick to getting the Amazon Emby FireTV app to unlock on another device? I have more than one FireTV and can’t get it to playback on one of my devices. I tried re-registering the device to the same Amazon account and it plays for a little bit then same error message. Here’s the unlocked app in my Amazon account:

IMG_1747.thumb.jpeg.36a2b88be9c6034f7745ef694345ab0f.jpeg

Edited by jkasanic

quickmic
3 hours ago, jkasanic said:

Would emby server log help?

You can send me a Kodi.log for review but quite sure it's not related to the plugin. Which emby server version and which (connection) method do you use? Manual server, Emby connect or the list (Emby servers in the local network).

jkasanic
6 minutes ago, quickmic said:

You can send me a Kodi.log for review but quite sure it's not related to the plugin. Which emby server version and which (connection) method do you use? Manual server, Emby connect or the list (Emby servers in the local network).

I’ll PM you a log. I’ve tried all 3. Now I’m getting a Login prompt but none of my users work. They both work on the Emby app.

jkasanic

My Kodi log showed 503 errors with privoxy.org so I changed Kodi to a direct internet connection, restarted and now the addon is working.  Thanks @quickmicfor noticing as well.

Edited by jkasanic
  • Like 1