Feature Request: Search for Images - Allow User to Search for Keywords

stephen_hill

stephen_hill

Sometimes an entry doesn't return results for images, or maybe only returns results from one provider. (A current example for me is the 2012 movie Prometheus - not showing results from fanart.tv)

What I'm proposing is that in "Search for Images" modal, we add a search input box. When a user types in this box, it uses the keywords the user entered to search the sources for images.

image.png.c77054e3b9602e6bc0af54f789732ae7.png

We should always show this input box, even if there are results.

The aim of this is the allow the user to correct any problem using the Emby UI instead of having to go other website to download images.

Cheers
Stephen

Happy2Play

I don't follow as Emby is using actual providerids to return images.   So that would mean you have wrong metadata already?  

If image api could be searched what would it return for Keyword "Alien"?

(A current example for me is the 2012 movie Prometheus - not showing results from fanart.tv)

That would suggest troubleshooting with server log.  There is a Language factor also.  But see multiple images from FanArt in all categories.

Edited by Happy2Play

stephen_hill

This is the metadata for the movie.

image.png.aaacf518c913593e9236215a37951df2.png

TheMovieDB Id does appear to be incorrect. Entering the correct ID does fix the issue.

Is TheMovieDB Id required for Fanart.tv to work correctly?

However, I still would like to keep this feature request open because:

Some collections have limited and no images/backdrops. Some collections/playlists may be manually created. In these instances, it would be really handy to be able to search sources for images from the Emby UI.

Happy2Play

@LukeThis is like the 5th example where TVDB is providing wrong/bad TMDB ids.  So I am not sure if it is worth getting that exernalid from them. (Already corrected Prometheus on TVDB)

19 minutes ago, stephen_hill said:

Is TheMovieDB Id required for Fanart.tv to work correctly?

Yes that appears to be the query used.

19 minutes ago, stephen_hill said:

Some collections have limited and no images/backdrops. Some collections/playlists may be manually created. In these instances, it would be really handy to be able to search sources for images from the Emby UI.

Dev will have to confirm but I don't believe the image apis work that way.

Edited by Happy2Play
edited tvdb

stephen_hill

One final example of manually created collections. I have a "Science Fiction" collection, and I manually browsed fanart.tv for images from other appropriate movies. This would have been easier from the Emby UI.

image.thumb.png.25d6b2d0fda9722288759971a571a801.png

stephen_hill
3 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Dev will have to confirm but I don't believe the image apis work that way.

If not, then feel free to remove this feature request :)