Emby not finding new folders/files

wollabille

wollabille

So i have used Emby for quite a lot of years by now, where i have had the same settings, and i will say it has just worked quite well.

Until, honestly can't say if it's after latest release which for me is 4.7.8.0, but until recently where i started to get series again. 

I got 2 examples.

First was a series the wife wanted that i downloaded and added to a new folder in the series folder i have. 

This took AGES to show up in the Home tv series overview, normally it takes about 1-2 mins max before it finds it automatically.  I think this took 30+ mins.
Same with then a series that just launched 6th season where i already had the folder so i just added a file, again nothing happened.So after 15-20 mins i then went to 

Library on the Emby server overview, choose series, pressed the 3 dots and refresed the metadata. This forced it to pop up instantly more or less.

So my question is, is there a new setting that i have missed (tried to look for it there was one) where there is maybe a timer on when it should find new material? 

As mentioned, i have never had to wait for this long for the server to find new content. 

I will admit i havent tried it with the movie folder, but will do so after writing this post.

Happy2Play

@wollabille Depends on enabled library options as Intro marks (new) could be a factor depending on its setting.

Server log would provide more information on what is happening also.

wollabille
41 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

@wollabille Depends on enabled library options as Intro marks (new) could be a factor depending on its setting.

Server log would provide more information on what is happening also.

Hi Happy, sorry ofc, hope i took the correct one.

embyserver.txt

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, wollabille said:

Hi Happy, sorry ofc, hope i took the correct one.

embyserver.txt 32.23 kB · 0 downloads

Sorry but no this log is for about 22 seconds.

But specific example would be needed what was added, about what time, and server log for that time.

BenchZowner

I'm having the same issue here.
Added new HDD to the server, went to Library, added new folder from the new disk on the Movies library, scan seemed to have taken place after adding the folder, but the movies don't show up at all in the browser.

wollabille
19 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Sorry but no this log is for about 22 seconds.

But specific example would be needed what was added, about what time, and server log for that time.

The series where i was waiting for 15-20 mins was 9-1-1

Yesterday was The good doctor s06e01 i added.

wollabille

@Happy2Play

This evening i have added the following episodes:

The.Resident.S06E03.One.Bullet.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-KiNGS.mkv

New.Amsterdam.2018.S05E03.Big.Day.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-NTb.mkv

Chicago.Med.S08E03.1080p.WEB.H264-PECULATE.mkv

Into existing folders. 

And tested with a movie Scream 2. 

The time is now 20.25 (i live in Denmark) and they were added to the folders (for the episodes) and in the movie folder around 19.00-19.15.
They still havent shown up. And the emby server is "Running fine" 

embyserver.txt

Happy2Play

@wollabille looks like a network share issue to me.

2022-10-06 03:00:19.951 Error LibraryMonitor: Error in Directory watcher for: \\hells_prison\Video\Serier
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.8.0
	Command line: C:\Users\Kodi\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.19044
	Framework: .NET 6.0.9
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: C:/Users/Kodi/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: C:\Users\Kodi\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application path: C:\Users\Kodi\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (64): The specified network name is no longer available.
	Source: 
	TargetSite: 
	No Stack Trace Available

2022-10-06 03:00:19.951 Error LibraryMonitor: Error in Directory watcher for: \\hells_prison\Video\Film
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.8.0
	Command line: C:\Users\Kodi\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.19044
	Framework: .NET 6.0.9
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: C:/Users/Kodi/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: C:\Users\Kodi\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application path: C:\Users\Kodi\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (64): The specified network name is no longer available.
	Source: 
	TargetSite: 
	No Stack Trace Available

lots of this

System.IO.IOException: The network path was not found. : '\\hells_prison\Video\Film'

that cause RTM not work

2022-10-06 11:52:04.832 Info LibraryMonitor: Skipping realtime monitor for \\hells_prison\Video\Film because the path does not exist
2022-10-06 11:52:04.832 Info LibraryMonitor: Skipping realtime monitor for \\hells_prison\Video\Serier because the path does not exist

wollabille

Hmm Ok it says that the path does not exists, but if i manually (after a good amount of time) refresh metadata by clicking the 3 dots, then they are "added". 

So how do i fix this RTM on the Emby server?
I have just checked the Library's and it is enabled!?

So you have a solution/fix to this problem? :)

Movies.PNG

Series.PNG

Edited by wollabille

Happy2Play
11 minutes ago, wollabille said:

So how do i fix this RTM on the Emby server?

You have to correct why your shares are disappearing/going offline and the will fix RTM as the network connection will be available.

The specified network name is no longer available.

Have you tried \\IP Address\share folder instead of \\hostname\share?

wollabille

You have to correct why your shares are disappearing/going offline and the will fix RTM as the network connection will be available.

I will honestly admit i dont know where to look. As i mentioned in the initial post this has been running for several years now. I  have done no changes in either my Synology or Windows pc where Emby server is running. 

Have you tried \\IP Address\share folder instead of \\hostname\share?

As to the answer right above in this post, Nothing has been changed it has always been the hostname. But i can ofc try to change it to the IP to test it. 

wollabille

Ok i just tried to add the IP which i cant. I can only do it with the hostname. 

All the NFS rules are set. 

So a new problem emerged.

Access from Syno.PNG

Network path.PNG

Network.PNG

wollabille

@Happy2play 

I think i might have solved it. I have now tested 4 different series

Greys Anatomy, House of Dragons, Rings of Power and Station 19. They were added and were found in not more than a min or so.

What change did i do? I went through my network, and saw that the portforwarding was correct, just to the wrong IP. And then it hit me, i made a new Emby server some time ago (6-8 months ago i would guess) and changed the IP cuz i still had the first NUC to transfer the content over to the new NUC. And forgot to change the IP so it matched. 

I cant say with 100% certainty that this is the fix. But so far working much better than the last 2 weeks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Well I have the same and this isn't the fix. Not sure what is as I have this problem for few days now after I have recreated my emby server and gave it all my media again. No new stuff is found at all. I have the same exact error in my emby log.

18 minutes ago, jed214 said:

Well I have the same and this isn't the fix. Not sure what is as I have this problem for few days now after I have recreated my emby server and gave it all my media again. No new stuff is found at all. I have the same exact error in my emby log.

Hi, yes we're happy to  help. Please provide an example and attach the emby server log. Thanks.