Home Screen ordering issue

joetoml1n

joetoml1n

Has there been a change to the way the Home Screen layout/ordering works? It seems to be broken currently.

If I set my preferred home layout on a device, say my laptop, and then I go to my TV - the layout is not the same. If I make it "correct" on the TV, when I go back to the laptop, the Home Screen reverts to a default layout - which is completely wrong. It never used to work this way, I'd set the layout on my laptop browser and it would be identical on all devices I used.

I've attached a video showing this in action, using my browser and the app. You'll see I have a "correct" Home Screen in the browser. When I switch to the app, the Home Screen has extra items in the secondary sections (Children's, F1, Test Videos). They shouldn't be present as I've not selected them and they aren't there in the browser. If I remove these libraries from the selections in the app, they don't disappear (a potentially linked issue in itself) but when I go back to the browser and refresh, the layout is completely wrong - it seems to revert to a default layout. Certainly not my layout!

It seems to have only started recently, have updates broken this functionality?

21 hours ago, joetoml1n said:

On the TV front I have an LG C1 as my main, but of course the issue isn’t just limited to that device

@joetoml1n what other device? Apologies for the disruption. This is a temporary issue and will be resolved as soon as we get a new update out to the LG store, which we are currently working on.

joetoml1n
15 minutes ago, Luke said:

@joetoml1n what other device? Apologies for the disruption. This is a temporary issue and will be resolved as soon as we get a new update out to the LG store, which we are currently working on.

Thanks Luke... Devices I have the issue on are my Mac browsers (Safari and Chrome), Emby Mac app, Samsung Smart TV.

iPhone app (the only other place I use Emby regularly) seems unaffected so far.

28 minutes ago, joetoml1n said:

Thanks Luke... Devices I have the issue on are my Mac browsers (Safari and Chrome), Emby Mac app, Samsung Smart TV.

iPhone app (the only other place I use Emby regularly) seems unaffected so far.

You shouldn't have the issue in the web app. Can you please look again? MacOS, yes that's in the same boat as LG, so that will be resolved as soon as we get that app updated, which we are also working on.

For Samsung, what version do you have?

Essentially this issue is limited to apps that haven't received a compatibility update yet, so the web app already has this and is unaffected.

joetoml1n

To clarify, I can set the Home Screen correctly in a web browser.  However it doesn’t display correctly in the other apps. If I then change it to be correct on the TV or macOS app, then it messes up the web ui and it does show the incorrect “default” Home Screen in the browser.

As for the Samsung, it’s RU7100 running OS update 1401 and Emby for Samsung 1.2.6

Happy2Play

I would expect issues until compatibility updates happen in all client/apps to match server/web client. 

1 hour ago, joetoml1n said:

To clarify, I can set the Home Screen correctly in a web browser.  However it doesn’t display correctly in the other apps. If I then change it to be correct on the TV or macOS app, then it messes up the web ui and it does show the incorrect “default” Home Screen in the browser.

As for the Samsung, it’s RU7100 running OS update 1401 and Emby for Samsung 1.2.6

Correct. You can update Samsung now by switching to our USB install. We're close to submitting a new build to them.

• 2 months later...

Did this ever get fixed? as I have the same problem on Samsung TV's.

Set my view on the TV and as soon as I log on via web browser it resets. 

or set it on the browser and then resets the TV.

10 hours ago, Tresco said:

Did this ever get fixed? as I have the same problem on Samsung TV's.

Set my view on the TV and as soon as I log on via web browser it resets. 

or set it on the browser and then resets the TV.

HI, what version of the Emby Samsung app are you running?

9 hours ago, NickHill1982 said:

Apologies I posted as the wrong account before - the Emby Samsung App I am using is 1.4.8

HI, yes it is resolved in Emby for Samsung 1.4.8.