Allow only items with these tags, not working

Ninko

Hi,

When using the option, allow only items with these tags, for a user, no items appear at all, even though there are some items with the allowed tag.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

I have 3 audio books with the tag "Ruth".

For the user I have added a tag of "Ruth" and selected, Allow only items with these tags.

When I go into the users account, no items appear.

What exactly is tagged? A track, the album, or the folder from folder view? Can you please show a screenshot example?

It works if I change it to, Block items with these tags, in that everything else appears apart from the 3 audio books. Which is what you'd expect.

It's just the, Allow only items with these tags, option that appears to be broken?

MBSki

Agree with @Ninko. I'm having the same issue. In order to get the items to show up, the higher level container needs to be tagged as well. I'm seeing this issue with TV show libraries. If I only tag the episode, nothing shows up. If I tag the tv show, every episode from the tv show appears. I should be able to just tag the episode and have just the single episode appear. 

Happy2Play

Tagged three chapters of an audiobook to Allow and had no issue with that being the only thing acceptable to the user all other libraries were empty.  

@MBSki I tagged one episode and it appeared via episodes tab as Show/Season are not tagged as Series inherit from parent folder

So I am not sure what is considered to be broken here.  But depending on what you tag will be limited to a specific library view.

Only issue I see it tag is not searchable, but you can click on the tag to see all tagged items.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Thanks 1

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Only issue I see it tag is not searchable, but you can click on the tag to see all tagged items.

@Lukemade an edit above.

MBSki
6 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Tagged three chapters of an audiobook to Allow and had no issue with that being the only thing acceptable to the user all other libraries were empty.  

@MBSki I tagged one episode and it appeared via episodes tab as Show/Season are not tagged as Series inherit from parent folder

So I am not sure what is considered to be broken here.  But depending on what you tag will be limited to a specific library view.

Ah, I see it in episodes. I always look on the Shows tab since it's organized better that way. It would be nice if the episode would show listed in the series. I thought it was done that way before, but maybe I had it in some other container like a collection when I last shared an episode.

I figured out what the problem was.

I had to tap to go into the book twice and set the tag there.

Why do I have to tap twice on a book to be at the actual file?

Screenshot_20221004-042442_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221004-200102_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Ninko

On 10/4/2022 at 1:58 PM, Ninko said:

I figured out what the problem was.

I had to tap to go into the book twice and set the tag there.

Why do I have to tap twice on a book to be at the actual file?

Screenshot_20221004-042442_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221004-200102_Chrome.jpg

One screen is the album and the other is the track. Does that answer your question?

Why does adding the tag to the "album" not work, it has to be added to the "track"?

Plus, is it really relevant for audio books to have album and tracks screens? Don't see the point myself.

Edited by Ninko

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, Ninko said:

Plus, is it really relevant for audio books to have album and tracks screens? Don't see the point myself.

I would say yes as books have chapters, but I guess that depends on a type.  As m4b is a single file where you could have multiple mp3s

1 hour ago, Ninko said:

Why does adding the tag to the "album" not work, it has to be added to the "track"?

What about this though?

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/6/2022 at 4:11 PM, Ninko said:

What about this though?

We'll take a look at it. But if you add it to the parent folder in the folders tab, how does that compare?

• 1 year later...
iPhoneMaxPro
On 10/24/2022 at 9:44 PM, Luke said:

We'll take a look at it. But if you add it to the parent folder in the folders tab, how does that compare?

hi, in the audio section (audiobooks & music) if you select that a user only sees tagged items, I think there is something to fix.

My goal is to directly tag a folder to simplify my work, the problem is the following: in the home section of suggestions the audiobooks are displayed correctly, if the user goes to the folders section they are actually unlocked, but the problem remains that one clicks the "Books" section shows nothing. So could you please fix this in a future update?

I think it makes much more sense that if I select the display tag "of a single folder" (of audiobooks) automatically inside that folder you will see the user who clicks books will have to view them in that section thank you very much

IMG_1751.jpeg

Edited by iPhoneMaxPro

On 1/24/2024 at 2:27 AM, iPhoneMaxPro said:

hi, in the audio section (audiobooks & music) if you select that a user only sees tagged items, I think there is something to fix.

My goal is to directly tag a folder to simplify my work, the problem is the following: in the home section of suggestions the audiobooks are displayed correctly, if the user goes to the folders section they are actually unlocked, but the problem remains that one clicks the "Books" section shows nothing. So could you please fix this in a future update?

I think it makes much more sense that if I select the display tag "of a single folder" (of audiobooks) automatically inside that folder you will see the user who clicks books will have to view them in that section thank you very much

IMG_1751.jpeg

HI, did you add the tag to the audiobook, or the folder? They are two different things. It sounds like you want to tag both.

iPhoneMaxPro
17 hours ago, Luke said:

HI, did you add the tag to the audiobook, or the folder? They are two different things. It sounds like you want to tag both.

I tried adding the tag to both the folder and the audiobook, now I'm focusing on the folders.

the ideal is to arrange the folder tags because I think it is much more convenient to manage the contents one at a time, the problem is that if I only select "allow tags in a folder" the users only see the adiobooks if they click "folder" so if they click "books" and nothing appears... so I don't think it makes much sense...

if "only that folder" is enabled they should see the audiobooks also in the "books" section and not just in the "folder" section because in the end it is much more intuitive that way...

iPhoneMaxPro
On 1/28/2024 at 6:58 AM, Luke said:

1) I enable "only allow items with these tags" and add the word "Test"

2) I go to my audiobook folder and add the "Test" tag

3)I log in as a user with only "Test" enabled

4)The user in question sees the audiobooks with the "Test" tag on the home page, in the suggestions, but if he clicks on all the books ("books") he will not see anything.

5) Can you please enable the folder to automatically enable all the audiobooks in question to be seen everywhere?

Edited by iPhoneMaxPro

On 2/1/2024 at 10:10 AM, iPhoneMaxPro said:

2) I go to my audiobook folder and add the "Test" tag

What folder? Please provide specifics. @iPhoneMaxPro

• Like 1

iPhoneMaxPro
On 2/4/2024 at 5:47 AM, Luke said:

What folder? Please provide specifics. @iPhoneMaxPro

this is just an example:

I added an "Audible" tag to the folder

if the user opens his account you don't see anything in the Books section but only in suggestions

13 minutes ago, iPhoneMaxPro said:

this is just an example:

if the user opens his account you don't see anything in the Books section but only in suggestions

RPReplay_Final1707432223.mov

Try adding the tag to the audiobook.

Happy2Play
19 minutes ago, iPhoneMaxPro said:

this is just an example:

RPReplay_Final1707432223.mov

5 minutes ago, Luke said:

Try adding the tag to the audiobook.

Can reproduce as the Books themselves do not have tags only the folder so Suggestions and folder view show the content.

See lots of empty folder as they are still visible via folder view.

But believe there will be quirks when tagging folders vs items.

• Agree 1