Kodi not updating after 4.7.8.0 server update

einniv

I've been using Emby server on windows, Kodi 18, and Emby for Kodi (4.1.22?) for years with no problems. Last night I noticed a new episode got catalogued by Emby but it didn't show up in Kodi. This morning I tried adding an episode to another show but it also didn't show up in Kodi. 

If I go directly to the Emby web interface the episodes are there. I even have the emby app on another device and they are in the Emby app. Usually the new episodes show up as part of a playlist my Kodi skin displays, so I tried using the Emby add-on to just browse Emby directly but they aren't there. Everything else is still there and I can even play the files but nothing new is showing up. I found this especially weird because as far as I knew browsing in this way is coming straight from the Emby server.

Finally , using the update and repair commands from within Kodi have no effect. I have a rather large library so usually selecting those commands launches a lengthy refresh, but nothing happens. I haven't tried resetting the database becuase from what I'm seeing with the update/repair nothing would happen.

I see in the Kodi log there is some kind of error and I'm hoping someone can help me figure it out. I'm open to the idea of just rolling back Emby to the last version and turning off auto-updates, if that's what it will take.

log: https://paste.kodi.tv/izucoxineb

In the past the next-gen addon didn't work for me. I bit the bullet and tried it and so far it seems like it is working and solved the issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
xyzygy

I had the same problem too. After upgrading from 4.7.7.0 to 4.7.13.0 my Kodi was no longer syncing. After downgrading back to 4.7.7.0 it is now syncing correctly again.

quickmic
17 hours ago, xyzygy said:

I had the same problem too. After upgrading from 4.7.7.0 to 4.7.13.0 my Kodi was no longer syncing. After downgrading back to 4.7.7.0 it is now syncing correctly again.

If you are also using emby for kodi 4.X, upgrade to latest next gen versions (stable or beta). Don't expect any support for completely outdated plugin versions.