Tizen themes

VoTh92

Hello emby developers,

I would like to ask if it would be possible to have more themes for the Samsung Tizen Emby client app available.

At the moment there is only "Dark" and "Black" in the list.

Thx and br

Thomas

lejared

What is considered to be an "old" model? Mine is a 2017 Model.

The Emby App offered several themes in the past, including "blue radiance" and an "Apple TV"-like theme. Now they are all gone.

Plus: the default themes does not have an accent color anymore. It's all just black and white, which makes it uncomfortable to use.

FrostByte

Tizen 4.0 (2018) would seem to be the cutoff for support of the new theme format as I can see them.

Similar thread

SamES
On 05/10/2022 at 22:05, FrostByte said:

Tizen 4.0 (2018) would seem to be the cutoff for support of the new theme format as I can see them.

Similar thread

Correct - I'm in the same boat!  :(  Doesn't seem that long ago that this was a new TV!!

• Sad 1

FrostByte
45 minutes ago, SamES said:

Correct - I'm in the same boat!  :(  Doesn't seem that long ago that this was a new TV!!

I would expect Samsung to stop accepting store app updates for 2017s also here soon, not that it makes much of a difference to you.

SamES
7 hours ago, FrostByte said:

I would expect Samsung to stop accepting store app updates for 2017s also here soon, not that it makes much of a difference to you.

Correct, but really, 5 years is not that old, especially for what was their premium model.  I know how hard it is to keep supporting older models

• Like 1

FrostByte
13 minutes ago, SamES said:

Correct, but really, 5 years is not that old, especially for what was their premium model.  I know how hard it is to keep supporting older models

If you're paying the extra for the premium model it would be nice if it came with a couple more years of support.  Maybe 7 years vs the 5 years everyone gets.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I was going to ask the same question, but I guess we're out of luck :( 

We have a UE49KS7500 (Firmware 1260) that has been stuck on 0.94 of the app from the store (that still had the seasonal themes that are no longer in the newer versions 😢), and it would "hang" on startup in as much as the "Continue Watching" bar wouldn't load, which signing out and in again would tend to fix (sometimes takes a few goes). 

I tried 1.4.6 a few weeks ago and found that there were only Dark and Black themes, so reverted and never got round to checking/asking on here.  I just tried 1.4.8 and seen the same with the themes, so guess we have to live with the loss of Blue Radiance.  I'll see how it goes with the "hanging".  If it persists I'll start a separate thread.

On the subject of versions in the store, I notice that it is 1.2.6 for our Q9FN.

FrostByte
3 hours ago, Andori said:

On the subject of versions in the store, I notice that it is 1.2.6 for our Q9FN.

Yes 1.2.6 is the latest in the store.  I have a Q8FN and we probably won't get store updates starting sometime next year when our 5 years is up, I'm guessing. 

I typically use the usb betas, but hoping they can push a couple more store updates before the service life is up in case I donate this to my parents.