Entry Points in MCE7 Not Working

Blue Kachina
Go to solution Solved by CWNashvegas,

Logos302

ok.  I think I get it, I also get why I don't need them :).  I'm always in MBC so I never leave so why would I need entry points :).  

• Like 2

marcelveldt

Good day,

I've created a "workaround" for the custom entry points...

Its basically just a very simple launcher-program that launches Mediabrowser with the specific user profile.

In my setup, i have created a custom strip in MCE menu with buttons to my movie folders.

EDIT 27-11-2013  21:00

Now created installer for MCE Addon, so the syntax and installation is even more simple!

See this post to download the add-on:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/2488-addin-to-launch-specific-mb-profiles-as-workaround-for-entrypoints/?p=43771

Edited by marcelveldt
  • Like 2

marcelveldt

Hi dmrc,

see the new attachment. I've resolved a small bug in the application.

When I have some time left i will add some error handling too. Now it's just without any error handling, so it just crashes when something's wrong.

Can you try it again ?

marcelveldt

I don't get why people are complaining about entry points either. There's still a navigation cost ie: you have to push buttons. To get to your custom entry point. So you either navigate the EHS or you navigate the WMC menu.

Hi Redshirt, it's just about making it more user-friendly (read family-friendly).

Now, whenever friends are at my place navigating the MCE menu, they click on movies to watch the movie-list, instead of launching Mediabrowser and then click movies...

I know, it doesn't make much sense maybe, but for me (and i think a few others) it's just that finishing touch if you use your MCE also for music, pictures and liveTV.

As soon as MediaBrowser also has good music support and LiveTV, I'll only use MB Theatre and get away from winMCE.

Edited by marcelveldt
  • Like 2

Marcel,

I tried your new application, the good new is it doesn't crash anymore, the bad new is that is brings me to the log-in screen of MBC:

529511f459202_mb3launcherror4.jpg

As you can see the log inscreen is windowed. Behind that there's another mediacenter windows but this one is completely blank...

marcelveldt

Hi dmrc,

did you change the name of the executable to match the profile name?

also, in Mb config you have to enable automatic logon. Are you using passwords on the profiles?

tomorrow I have some spare time and will create more enhanced version of the program

did you change the name of the executable to match the profile name?

529576747063e_mb3launch.jpg

also, in Mb config you have to enable automatic logon. Are you using passwords on the profiles?

There are no passwords on the profiles, can't find any 'automatic logon' option in MB server...

tomorrow I have some spare time and will create more enhanced version of the program

Thanks.

There are no passwords on the profiles, can't find any 'automatic logon' option in MB server...

I believe that automatic login is in the MBC configurator.

marcelveldt

Automatic logon is indeed in the MBC Configurator but nevermind, I've created new version which takes care of the automatic logon for you.

Also added some basic error-handling.

Can you try again ?

BTW: Those Mediabrowser-Xml files you can just leave in the mediabrowser-appdata folder, they store the user/profile specific settings for MBC.

marcelveldt

Okay... I had some spare time so decided to put some more efford in the little program and i've created a winMCE addin for this.

Now, you can just simply use the Addin parameter in MC Themer for this....

<Addin>mb3launcher.MyAddIn, mb3launcher,Culture=Neutral,Version=1.0.0.0,PublicKeyToken=945ee962f042f66e</Addin>
   <AddinContext>tvseries</AddinContext>

In "AddinContext" you can define which profile to start.

Attached is the installer.

Because I some sort of hijacked this forumpost with my addin, I created seperate forumpost in the "tools" section:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/2488-addin-to-launch-specific-mb-profiles-as-workaround-for-entrypoints/?p=43771

Edited by marcelveldt

• 1 month later...

Thank you marcelvelt, your addin works great and will keep me as a loyal MB client. I suggest it to anyone seeking this functionality. Where there's a will there's a way.

To all the naysayers and people who believe others should be setting up and using their HTPC as they do please take this point into consideration, my setup has to satisfy my usage not yours. The only people who should have responded to this thread are other users seeking this functionality, the developer, and persons with solutions. Everyone else should have looked at this thread, kept their thoughts to themselves and moved on.

Cheers and happy viewing.