Adding second folder to library

TeamB

TeamB

when i add a second folder to a library the identification of the items in the folder does not work. It is like it is trying to use the file name instead of the dir name when searching for metadata.

i have two folders with movies each in their own subfolders. when i add the first folder to the library it works and can identify the movies but when i add the second folder it can not identify any of the items in this newly added folder.  if i remove both folders and add then in a different order it is always the second one that has issues.

GrimReaper

Which server version is that? I have 13 libraries and not a single one of them has a single folder as library path (TV Shows/Movies/Mixed type), yet have never encountered any issue. 

Happy2Play

@TeamB Is this something that needs tested on a New install?

But I have several libraries with more than one attached folder without issue.

TeamB

I added a new folder to an existing library (see attached image)

J:\Media\Kids Movies

Did a rescan of media

and ended up with a bunch of weird matches and no matches, some of the matches are "adult" movies for kids movies (see attached image)

you can see form the path what the movie should be

image.png.b4745565e6f6313ba2b9c038ad939f0a.png

There is nothing else in the dir with the movie

image.png.cf5453f80985e7a4fafc9add7ceb60a6.png

And the same adult movie matched for a munch of the movies (see attached image)

I think the connection is the file name 123.mp4 see the movie it has matched with is titled "Women seeking Women Volume 123" also that is a lot of volumes 😉 must be popular. Also I have allow adult metadata turned off in the library, I think that is by default.

Metadata settings image (see attached)

I have attached a debug log

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by TeamB

elpoolet

Hi, in order to ensure your media is well identified, use the following structure

A folder with the movie name and TheMovieDB ID like : 

Inside Out (2015) [tmdbid=150540]

Then your media files
 - Inside Out (2015) [tmdbid=150540] - h264.mp4
 - Inside Out (2015) [tmdbid=150540] - BDRemux.mkv

Emby will identify this movie for sure, and present you 2 versions : "h264" and "BDRemux"

Happy2Play

Will have to test but yes Emby its querying filename instead of foldername.

2022-10-04 08:18:47.659 Debug App: Running MovieDbProvider for J:\Media\Kids Movies\The Jungle Book (2016)\123.mkv
2022-10-04 08:18:47.659 Info App: MovieDbProvider: Finding id for item: 123
2022-10-04 08:18:47.659 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/movie?api_key={apikey}&query=123&language=en&year=2016

Edited by Happy2Play

TeamB

yeah also later on here it is using file name

2022-10-04 08:18:10.891 Debug App: Running OmdbItemProvider for J:\Media\Kids Movies\Inside Out (2015)\123.mp4
2022-10-04 08:18:10.891 Info HttpClient: GET https://private.omdbapi.com?apikey=‌fe53f97e‌&plot=full&r=json&y=2015&t=123&type=movie

TeamB

also does it use dummy api keys in the log files? none of the api calls work for me if I just use them in a borwser.

elpoolet

@TeamB

It's explained in the naming rules. 

Your files inside a folder must have at least the name of the folder. 

Without this, results, IMHO, would be unpredictable... 

36 minutes ago, TeamB said:

also does it use dummy api keys in the log files? none of the api calls work for me if I just use them in a borwser.

It's probably caused by the log anonymization features which insert non-printable characters around private values.

Happy2Play
31 minutes ago, TeamB said:

It is an encoding issue as the key is correct but had garbage before and after.  Look at the url and you should see that garbage.

9 minutes ago, elpoolet said:

@TeamB

It's explained in the naming rules. 

Your files inside a folder must have at least the name of the folder. 

Without this, results, IMHO, would be unpredictable... 

Sorry but this not true and only applies to multi-version.

1 minute ago, Luke said:

@Happy2Play are you able to reproduce?

looking at it now

TeamB

@Happy2Play @Luke

it could have something to do with moving folder from one library to another.

I originally had a kids library with some kids movies in it, I wanted to merge all the movies into the main movie lib now. So I removed the Kids Library and added the kids movies folders to the main Movies library. This is when it all went literately tits up.

I have been trying to reproduce this reliably over the last few hours, just created a new folder and putting a few test movies in it and adding and removing it from libraries and re-scanning. Some times it works fine and anther times it does not.

My guess is that it has something to do with the logic with detecting if the folder is a container or a single movie and should use the folder name or that the folder has a bunch of media files in it and the file name should be used. But I can not nail down how to trigger the issue reliably.

Edited by TeamB

Happy2Play
10 minutes ago, Luke said:

I just tested with that exact example of Inside Out and it searched using the folder name. @Happy2Play are you able to reproduce?

Adding third folder to existing library still used folder name.

2022-10-03 16:28:37.688 Debug App: Running MovieDbProvider for C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\Kids Movies\Inside Out (2015)\123.strm
2022-10-03 16:28:37.688 Info App: MovieDbProvider: Finding id for item: Inside Out
2022-10-03 16:28:37.688 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/movie?api_key={apikey}&query=Inside Out&language=en&year=2015

Will retest enabling Adult Content library setting to see if that has any effect.

Happy2Play

Note also retested with Adult content enable and still identified via foldername.

@TeamBWhat is your system.xml  <CollapseVideoFolders> and library options.xml <CollapseSingleItemFolders> values?

Also are there any loose items in the \Kid Movies folder?

TeamB

<CollapseVideoFolders>false</CollapseVideoFolders>

<CollapseSingleItemFolders>false</CollapseSingleItemFolders>

TeamB
31 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Also are there any loose items in the \Kid Movies folder?

What is a loose item? If it is media items in the root of that folder, then no, all items are is sub folders

Happy2Play
49 minutes ago, Luke said:

@Happy2Play I'm guessing it's probably the old config switch about collapsing video folders.

In my test this would be the issue.

2022-10-03 17:30:27.516 Debug App: Running MovieDbProvider for C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\Kids Movies\Inside Out (2015)\123.strm
2022-10-03 17:30:27.517 Info App: MovieDbProvider: Finding id for item: 123
2022-10-03 17:30:27.519 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/movie?api_key=‌{apikey}‌&query=123&language=en&include_adult=true&year=2015

@TeamB This explains why this only happens on this library and if you created a new library for that folder it would not happen.

12 minutes ago, TeamB said:

<CollapseVideoFolders>false</CollapseVideoFolders>

<CollapseSingleItemFolders>false</CollapseSingleItemFolders>

Unfortunately, this these are destructive switches that rebuild the entire library as Library <CollapseSingleItemFolders>  should be "true" to use foldername instead of filename.

On new installs system is true overriding library option.

TeamB
21 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Unfortunately, this these are destructive switches that rebuild the entire library as Library <CollapseSingleItemFolders>  should be "true" to use foldername instead of filename.

On new installs system is true overriding library option.

I tested with a new emby install (on a test system) and all the values for these switches are true

I checked the switches on my main system and you are correct, the new library has the override set to true for the new library so that is why that one is working.

Ok so what is my best option to fix this, update the switches to true in the settings file and rescan my media? Recreate the library from scratch?

Edited by TeamB

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, TeamB said:

Ok so what is my best option to fix this, update the switches to true in the settings file and rescan my media? Recreate the library from scratch?

Each will do the same thing remove items from DB and readd.  So it is really your choice.

• Thanks 1

TeamB
3 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Each will do the same thing remove items from DB and readd.  So it is really your choice.

ok cool thanks

Happy2Play

@TeamB Note if you write nfo files you will need to delete them as identified items will reread the nfo.

Only on effected library folder.

Edited by Happy2Play