Can't access at all

Guest BogartManor

Guest BogartManor

I can't access my emby server on my phone on the same network or even on the computer that my media server is hooked into. I can't even get into my account to try to look at settings for why I can't access it anywhere else? 

4 minutes ago, BogartManor said:

on a home computer, the way it's been setup the last few years

OK so what happens when you try to use the Emby web interface directly on the server machine?

50 minutes ago, BogartManor said:

says it can't connect

What address do you have in the browser address bar? Are you sure your emby server is running? Is the tray icon visible down near the clock?

8 hours ago, BogartManor said:

Yes the tray icon is visible. app.emby.media

Can please try putting http://localhost:8096 into the browser address bar? You'll only be able to do this directly from the server machine. Please let us know if that helps. Thanks.

Hi.  What OS is the server running on?  Are you logged into the same user (in the OS) that installed the server?

4 hours ago, BogartManor said:

running windows. yes i am. nothing has changed from when it was working 

Hi, Are you logged into the same user (in the OS) that installed the server?

On 10/4/2022 at 6:20 AM, BogartManor said:

It starts me all back over starting from scratch creating a new user.

That's an indication that Emby Server can't find it's config files.  On Windows this is usually caused by installing Emby under one username (where all the config is stored) but then running it from a different username.

Do you have multiple user accounts setup on Windows?

If you open C:\Users in File Manager how many subdirectories do you see here besides Public?

Guest BogartManor

I do have different usernames for Emby. I can't log in under any of the usernames. Yesterday it wouldn't even find anything; it just started over creating a new user. Before that I would log in; it would show the server but not connect to it. 

8 hours ago, BogartManor said:

I do have different usernames for Emby

Hi.  Not users in Emby but users in your Windows system.  Does the machine have multiple Windows logins?

Guest BogartManor

Yes I know users in windows system, there is only one. For the third time, yes I am logged into the same user in windows system.

Happy2Play

It is really hard to say what happened besides possible see all the server logs, maybe something got corrupted.

%appdata%\Emby-Server\programdata\logs

But all I can suggest is stepping through the Wizards settings and creating a New admin account to possibly not interfere with existing account and see it every reappears.

Guest BogartManor

I can't even get into the server logs. Also I have a Emby Premiere key that I have been paying for, and haven't been able to use Emby for almost 2 months now. So I'm paying for something I can't use. I'm not going through and setting everything up all over again from scratch with the settings, tweaks, playlists, identifying, matching and everything. Someone can go in and cancel my Premiere Key so I'm not paying for something I can't use. 

Happy2Play
7 minutes ago, BogartManor said:

I can't even get into the server logs

You can't get to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata?  That would mean Emby is not installed or you have OS issues.

9 minutes ago, BogartManor said:

I'm not going through and setting everything up all over again from scratch with the settings, tweaks, playlists, identifying, matching and everything.

Above would apply as your data would be in Emby programdata folder.

10 minutes ago, BogartManor said:

Someone can go in and cancel my Premiere Key so I'm not paying for something I can't use. 

How do I Cancel an Emby Premiere Subscription :

or email billingsupport@emby.media 

Happy2Play
Just now, BogartManor said:

I'll check theappdata file later when I get home

Note appdata is a hidden folder so you need to enable hidden folders.

3 hours ago, BogartManor said:

I'll check theappdata file later when I get home

I'm sending you a PM to arrange a remote session so we can help you get this issue straightened out.

Carlo