Server no longer starts

MikeB111
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

MikeB111

Hello,

Just a little background.  Power glitched at our house last night and shut down my Emby server.  Noticed it this afternoon and powered it back on, now the Emby server will not start.  Probably nothing to do with the power glitch, that's just what caused the reboot.  

Emby has been stable on this computer for years, I have not changed any hardware or software in a long time other than routine Windows and driver updates.  The computer is a dedicated server/HTPC and is a relatively clean install without much other installed software.

Windows update reports everything up to date.  I do recall updating my Intel integrated graphics driver last week, this is something I'm prompted to do by the Intel software like once a month or so.

Server log is attached.  The error seems to be the following (copied from the attached log file):

2022-10-02 12:20:00.068 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'SQLitePCL.pretty, Version=1.2.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

embyserver-63800310000.txt

• Solution

Hi, that's strange. Can you try installing the latest version from our website, on top of your existing version? Thanks.

MikeB111

Luke,

Thanks for the super-fast reply!  Support on this forum has always been great and is one of the reasons I like Emby so much!

I should have done some troubleshooting on my own before bothering the forum with this question, turns out I just fixed it right before seeing Luke's response (essentially doing just what he suggested).  I just downloaded the latest stand-alone version for windows and copied the file "SQLitePCL.pretty.dll" from the downloaded zip file over top of the file on my server.  Rebooted and it started right up.

Perhaps I should do a full install of the latest version instead of just this one file, but it seems to be working just fine now.  I guess something got corrupted in that file (perhaps as a result of the ungraceful reboot from the power glitch?).

Let me know if you have any other recommendations, but it seems fixed now.  Thanks again for the quick help!

Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1