What's up with making the Library Icons so large in 4.7.8?

moviefan

moviefan

Had it setup so it displayed perfectly in one line with even some extra space and now it bleeds over.  Why were the icons made so much bigger in this release?

296108581_ScreenShot2022-10-02at11_21_41AM.thumb.png.61366a045af8cbcfed1b3caedca73a31.png

Dickydodah!

There now is an image size display option that can be found in any library on the three dot menu. That may be of use to you to get everything to fit on one line.

They may have changed slightly although I don't think they're that much bigger. But yes there is a new image size option that you can play with.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dickydodah! said:

@Luke Is this new image size option available in all clients or just a browser? it's not working/available on my samsung TV's.

Apps will need updates before it will be available.

• Thanks 1

moviefan

Where is the new image size option?  Are you talking about the one that changes all of the movie posters within the library?

Another thing I've wanted to ask about for some time...several releases ago for some reason the text of my Documentaries library has been bleeding over onto the next line on all of the streaming devices.  Worked fine prior to this and still works fine on the web.  But would like for it to be a single line if possible.  Is there any fix to this?

IMG_0448.thumb.JPG.6c64ffa21373cbe44c39e230218ac512.JPG

Happy2Play
11 minutes ago, moviefan said:

Are you talking about the one that changes all of the movie posters within the library?

Yes as the library Image size change is global not per library it should not be with all library menu options in my opinion unless restricted to that library.

Example Audio Books Extra Large changes Home Screen and every other library.  

Happy2Play
18 minutes ago, JuJuJurassic said:

So I'm being thick, but where is it, Ive tried the 3 dot, anyone upload a picture please

Enter say Movies library on movies tab click the three dot menu.

image.png.3e622c93c989bc900e356ef7ec4d840b.png

slamthedoor

Will there be release notes for v4.7.8? I don't see notes in the usual place or an announcement on Twitter. Was this a beta release?

1 minute ago, slamthedoor said:

Will there be release notes for v4.7.8? I don't see notes in the usual place or an announcement on Twitter. Was this a beta release?

It's the same as the 4.7.7 blog announcement.

• 1 month later...
moviefan
On 10/6/2022 at 12:43 PM, Happy2Play said:

Enter say Movies library on movies tab click the three dot menu.

image.png.3e622c93c989bc900e356ef7ec4d840b.png

This only changes the images within the library.  Doesn't change the Library icons themselves which is the annoying issue here.

10 minutes ago, moviefan said:

This only changes the images within the library.  Doesn't change the Library icons themselves which is the annoying issue here.

Have you explored the display settings where you can set the default?

• 2 months later...
moviefan
On 11/8/2022 at 3:32 PM, Luke said:

Have you explored the display settings where you can set the default?

I looked at this and it worked to fit the images back on one line.  Makes all of the underlying default movie posters smaller which I don't love but oh well I guess.

Happy2Play

@moviefan You have the two settings. Display and per library but I think Default honors Display (global).

GrimReaper
11 minutes ago, moviefan said:

Where are the per library settings for display size?   Don't see them on the library settings page.

Enter any library>three-dot menu>Image size. 

• 7 months later...
Anielarias
On 10/2/2022 at 2:25 PM, moviefan said:

Had it setup so it displayed perfectly in one line with even some extra space and now it bleeds over.  Why were the icons made so much bigger in this release?

296108581_ScreenShot2022-10-02at11_21_41AM.thumb.png.61366a045af8cbcfed1b3caedca73a31.png

can u share this icons with me and/ or where u got them and how u made them please?

• 4 weeks later...
moviefan
On 9/1/2023 at 4:07 PM, Anielarias said:

can u share this icons with me and/ or where u got them and how u made them please?

I can't find the thread on here anymore that has these pics.  So here.

Icon_Bits_2.rar