Can't tune in to live TV on echo show 5

sngreco

sngreco

Version: latest public version

Language: US English

Device: echo show 5

I have a mostly working setup with external domain and cert etc, and I can successfully play some content, but when I try to pull up live TV it doesn't work, and for the life of me I can't figure out the correct command. I've tried channel name, channel number, and both combined.

One just doesn't do anything, and the second starts playing something else randomly.

I've attached two screenshots of me trying the same commands on my phone in the Alexa app for review. 

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong here?

Screenshot_20221002-090116.thumb.png.74501e663f54f001144ce81840f7a0c9.png

Screenshot_20221002-090203.thumb.png.84be72ac512d68a1d40c427a0e400650.png

sngreco

Didn't help unfortunately, same issue. One played a random TV show from my TV library, the other just ignored me completely.Screenshot_20221004-123215.thumb.png.1feb299c39026d61f51f2ab9dfd2963b.pngScreenshot_20221004-123112.thumb.png.c5b7834fa4454b35db8a8a434e1ea830.png

• 2 weeks later...

@Luke is there anyone I speak to directly about this?  I'm in the process of migrating my entire house from Google to Alexa, and Emby integration was a major driver of that.  I'd like to figure out a way to get this to work.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I paid for the premium membership for 2-3 months, then I purchased a lifetime license.  This is the proper support channel, correct?  Am I missing something here?

Hello?

Ok so I paid for the premium membership for 2-3 months, then I purchased a lifetime license.  This is the proper support channel, correct?  Am I missing something here?

Hello?

Screenshot_20221115-181001.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
EODCrafter
On 12/8/2022 at 10:16 PM, sngreco said:

It's December 8th.  Why is nobody replying to this?  

99.9% of us just use a remote.

On 12/20/2022 at 7:13 AM, EODCrafter said:

99.9% of us just use a remote.

I meant Emby employees.  I've paid for an Emby license, and the support team has been strangely quite to reply on why a supported feature isn't working.

• Thanks 1

EODCrafter
10 hours ago, sngreco said:

I meant Emby employees.  I've paid for an Emby license, and the support team has been strangely quite to reply on why a supported feature isn't working.

Unfortunately, that's not how "Forums" work. I don't think Emby has a Customer Service Support Line.

1 hour ago, EODCrafter said:

Unfortunately, that's not how "Forums" work. I don't think Emby has a Customer Service Support Line.

Lol, what exactly are you trying to accomplish here?  Are you trying to defend the Emby engineers?  Do you feel that I'm being unreasonable to expect an answer from Emby within a couple of months of posting a question?  What value are you bringing to the conversation?

Also, if you spent the few seconds looking it up, you would see that these forums are indeed the intended tool for Emby support questions to the developers.

https://emby.media/support.html

Screenshot_20221227-080650.png

• 4 weeks later...