Ordered views Show fields for all profiles are lost with 4.7.8.0

visproduction
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

visproduction

Ordered views data is unchanged in user profile in programdata/config/users/ but after 4.7.8.0 update, all profiles return to default sort orders. If I want to redo all profile sort order, it appears to only be possible using the GUI and this takes about 6 minutes per profile.

I see image grid has been added and so maybe losing the sort order and show fields is a side effect. 

To be clear: default library sort is by title, genre, image type is primary added information does not include any ratings, year or duration.  It seems like every update, this defaults back to original sort orders and no listings for ratings, year, duration for all media cards..  Do you guys never customize this info and sort by release, add in ratings to show per card?  If you never do this, then  when you release an update, you never notice that the rest of us have to spend 30 to 60 minutes fixing 20 profiles.

Edited by visproduction

Ok I wouldn't have expected this with k although I don't think it will happen to everyone. Apologies for the disruption.

justinrh

I noticed I had to turn back on some of the fields I had before because they were turned off.  I saw this after 4.7.7.0 rolled out.

Edited by justinrh

visproduction

Any account appears to return to default sorts, if you update the password or login from a different computer.  Tricky to test....  Hmmm.  A side effect appears to also raise your blood pressue without needing any medication!

Edited by visproduction
  • Thanks 1

visproduction

Aha,  If you sign in remotely to an account it is defaulted back to the original sort, even though the local login has a customized sort.  Perhaps this feature is expected, but why?

• Solution
3 minutes ago, visproduction said:

Aha,  If you sign in remotely to an account it is defaulted back to the original sort, even though the local login has a customized sort.  Perhaps this feature is expected, but why?

With all of the options that are available now it's possible to create a view on one screen that wouldn't make sense for another screen. For this reason, sorting and filter values are specific to each device.

visproduction

Yes, that makes sense.  

This issue came to my attention when I wanted to set the start choices for members for both local and remote login.  There are about 1000 pages to update for members on all the pages. 

What about a pop-up if the user is using the same exact computer to login remotely. "Do you want to keep your local login (or remote) custom setup?"  "Yes", "No - start over", "Do not ask again".

What about a pop-up if the user is using the same exact computer to login remotely

Well if we're talking the web app, there's no way for it to know it's the same machine assuming the url in the browser address bar changes.

justinrh

Luke said the settings are specific to the device, not the connection.  So if that is true, then you don't need to worry about local vs remote.