Do I need to put in a dispute and go with plex?

ryzen5000

ryzen5000

I paid for Emby lifetime, it's been over 7 hours and I still have not received my license, no response yet from the support email provided. I was impressed at first by it over Jellyfin but the lack of response to my $170 CAN payment has left a bad taste in my mouth and I am really disappointed .

9 hours later. They took my money and wont provide a license for lifetime, they are ignoring my emails, this is the second time I have tried to write what happened. No response from support email. The first payment got sent back I get that but paypal was a success and I showed proof and still no license came in my email and they aren't answering anymore. I wonder if anyone is even managing Emby anymore or its a dead company. I even tried the option to retrieve forgotten license in Emby dashboard and it just says I am not a supporter. This is two payments to this EMBY and no License key was provided.

Screenshot_20221001-014849_TD (Canada).jpg

receipt for payment to emby.jpg

Edited by ryzen5000

3 minutes ago, ryzen5000 said:

I paid for Emby lifetime, it's been over 7 hours and I still have not received my license, no response yet from the support email provided

Hi.  You have exchanged emails several times with billing support this morning and we determined an hour or so ago that your charge had been declined due to an invalid zip code.

Hi.  Actually we have not yet.  It is still being processed by PayPal.  As soon as it clears that process, you will receive your key.

You represented in  your post that we had not responded to you at all but we responded several times this morning.

Thanks.

ryzen5000

I already spoke with CIBC I don't understand why you are giving me a difficult time they told me the payment was a success at my issuing bank. Its not my fault your paypal is not releasing the funds, try calling them to ask why because the payment is good, you will see. Can you just please call them I want to use the app. If I don't receive the key today then we will just forget it and I will be calling paypal to put in a complaint. I use paypal all the time and they never hold funds this is a business account.

Edited by ryzen5000

ryzen5000

A little bit of money and everyone is getting excited that it could be fraud when its just a regular purchase. The banks are cautious I understand that but I have things I want to get done today and this is holding me up.

Hi.  We apologize but this is PayPal's process.  Billing support sent you their response.

Your payment from Frplockone is on temporary hold

We need to do a quick security check to make sure Frplockone logged in to send you money. Your $119.00 USD payment will show as "On Hold" for 24 hours after you receive this email.

As soon as their process completes, it will notify our system and your key will be generated and sent out at that time.

ryzen5000

I'm on the phone with paypal and they verified that the payment was sent properly and that you have to finish your responsibilities on your end in order to receive this payment I am attaching a copy of the email paypal sent me in the next post, it is EMBY that is holding up this payment, not my business account. I will be submitting a claim for a refund within 3 hours if you have not completed your duties to receive the payment and sent my license. EMBY has to call or respond to paypal and verify what they are providing me as a service because of a restriction on their paypal not mine.

Hi @ryzen5000 please email this information to billingsupport@emby.media. We are happy to help get you squared away.

I've removed the images you posted for your own protection due to the amount of personal information contained within them.

ryzen5000

PAYPAL WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOU TELL THEM WHAT SERVICE U ARE PROVIDING ME AND CLAIM THE MONEY. IM GOOD WITH PAYPAL THIS IS ALL YOUR RESPONSIBILITY AND I WILL NOT WAIT 3 DAYS FOR YOU TO SCRATCH YOUR REAR

ryzen5000

I still have not heard any response that you worked out your issues with paypal and I have not received the license, do you have anything else to say? Because I am going to proceed with a dispute when paypal returns my call in approx 30 min. Telling me you never received the money is a fat lie and I spoke to paypal earlier who confirmed you got paid and just haven't withdrawn the payment yet.

Edited by ryzen5000

7 minutes ago, ryzen5000 said:

I still have not heard any response that you worked out your issues with paypal and I have not received the license, do you have anything else to say? Because I am going to proceed with a dispute when paypal returns my call in approx 30 min.

Hi, I apologize for the delay. Eric @ebr handles this and if you emailed billingsupport then he will respond to you.

ryzen5000

No he won't respond I have emailed you lots and given you lots of chances to collect your payment and provide the license. At this point I am waiting for phone call and if you have not sent the license key within 30 min I am speaking to paypal about a dispute.

1 minute ago, ryzen5000 said:

No he won't respond I have emailed you lots and given you lots of chances to collect your payment and provide the license. At this point I am waiting for phone call and if you have not sent the license key within 30 min I am speaking to paypal about a dispute.

I think he's just currently offline but he checks in mulitple times per day and I can promise you that he responds to every single inquiry.

ryzen5000

Emby is refusing to accept the paypal payment I sent and talk to paypal and provide the information that paypal requested. About the license and what you are providing for the payment of $119 so thats enough of this bullshit, you can lead somone to the payment but if they don't accept it then they refuse to provide service then I will open my dispute accordingly.

4 minutes ago, ryzen5000 said:

Emby is refusing to accept the paypal payment I sent and talk to paypal and provide the information that paypal requested. About the license and what you are providing for the payment of $119 so thats enough of this bullshit, you can lead somone to the payment but if they don't accept it then they refuse to provide service then I will open my dispute accordingly.

If you can just give him a little more time, he will respond to you when he's online later today.

ryzen5000

I'll give it a few more hours before I remove your software from my server and go back to Jellyfin. You come across as crooks, taking payment and such and not providing license keys

iiiJoe
3 minutes ago, ryzen5000 said:

I'll give it a few more hours before I remove your software from my server and go back to Jellyfin. You come across as crooks, taking payment and such and not providing license keys

Bro, you’re coming across really bad

ryzen5000

The funds are available to Emby that I paid, I have had several phone calles with paypal who explained that Emby should understand the terms and conditions of the process. They have used paypal before and know that each time the funds are on hold until they call and speak to a representative and have them released. They will release them but I can't do that for you, somone who is responsible for your paypal; account needs to call them and they will explain how the process works, you should already know this, its just bad business paypal told me what you guys are doing. Here is proof that the payment was received and that I Paid. Paypal says that you are not doing good business and I should not be doing business with you. This is how it works with goods and services but you should be releasing the service to the customer.

paypal.jpg

Edited by ryzen5000

iiiJoe

Can you exercise a little patience bro? You do realize it’s Saturday, right? You’re totally coming across as a troll for a rival service. Also, when your first payment was declined due to inaccurate info from YOU, it’s ALWAYS a red flag. From what I can see the Emby team is being extremely professional, especially considering your attitude. 

2 minutes ago, ryzen5000 said:

The funds are available to Emby that I paid, I have had several phone calles with paypal who explained that Emby should understand the terms and conditions of the process. They have used paypal before and know that each time the funds are on hold until they call and speak to a representative and have them released. They will release them but I can't do that for you, somone who is responsible for your paypal; account needs to call them and they will explain how the process works, you should already know this, its just bad business paypal told me what you guys are doing. Here is proof that the payment was received and that I Paid. Paypal says that you are not doing good business and I should not be doing business with you.

paypal.jpg

Hi.  I'm not sure why PayPal would be telling you what you say they are.  This process is theirs and is not too uncommon for some non-US transactions.  We showed you (both in billing support email and here) exactly what PayPal is stating for this transaction.  I have included it again below.  They say 3 days but, in our experience, these usually clear within 24 hours.

image.png