New Emby Windows Server version no longer default collection view

Tenyrsgone27

Tenyrsgone27

Hello,

I don't know if this was intentional or not, but I used the "collection" view as the default for my server/player settings for my TV shows and have all my shows in nice and neat collection folders by types of shows so they are easier to find. There is no longer an option for "collection" default in the settings and now you have to click on collection at the top to see that view. Please fix this and put back the default collection view so you don't have to click on it at the top. This did not happen until I upgraded the server to 4.7.8, I might try to downgrade to 4.6.7.

Tenyrsgone27

Edited by Tenyrsgone27

3 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

@LukeThis is in release now?

I can post a workaround if so.

No, only in the beta channel.

5 hours ago, Tenyrsgone27 said:

Hello,

I don't know if this was intentional or not, but I used the "collection" view as the default for my server/player settings for my TV shows and have all my shows in nice and neat collection folders by types of shows so they are easier to find. There is no longer an option for "collection" default in the settings and now you have to click on collection at the top to see that view. Please fix this and put back the default collection view so you don't have to click on it at the top. This did not happen until I upgraded the server to 4.7.8, I might try to downgrade to 4.6.7.

Tenyrsgone27

Hi, where are you looking for the collection view? Can you please show a screenshot example?

Tenyrsgone27

Yes, this is the confirmed bug I see someone else was talking about in the settings where you can select the default view for movies, suggestions, collections etc. Collections for my TV shows in the server settings is no longer an option, All the other view options are listed except Collections. 

Thanks, I'll look for an update soon.

Collections for my TV shows in the server settings is no longer an option,

OK, it was never there. The Collections tab in a TV library is brand new in 4.7.8. You never had it before.

So nothing has been removed. It's just not in settings to select as the default tab, but we can add that.

Tenyrsgone27

Something changed, I created collections for all my TV shows and I swear I had my server default view for my TV shows as collections. I spend a lot of time keeping it organized for my users and the default view was collections after I created them. When I upgraded the server this morning to 4.7.8 the collections view default was gone and now all my TV shows are showing in 1 page (300+ shows) and the only way to see collections is to click the top where it says collections. I would like it to go back to how it was before, can I downgrade the server to 4.6.7? 

Happy2Play

There have never been a Collections tab for TV until now.  Maybe your Group into Collections option got reset on Shows tab?

Edited by Happy2Play

Tenyrsgone27

Thank you! That was it, it got reset and I didn't even think about that group setting. I was looking for the default view setting in the server. Thank you!!!