How is IPTV routed to remote users?

crusher11

crusher11

Does it connect the remote user directly to the IPTV feed, or does it connect me to the IPTV feed and then route it through to the end user? 

• 4 months later...
On 9/29/2022 at 4:47 PM, Luke said:

Hi, it goes through your emby server.

if i understand correctly, then the iptv provider only sees the ip from the emby server and NOT the ip from the remote user who starts the stream ?

For example: If this Emby Server is proxied through Cloudflare. Then the iptv provider only sees the ip from cloudflare if someone starts a stream ?

Edited by atropa
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, atropa said:
if i understand correctly, then the iptv provider only sees the ip from the emby server and NOT the ip from the remote user who starts the stream ?

For example: If this Emby Server is proxied through Cloudflare. Then the iptv provider only sees the ip from cloudflare if someone starts a stream ?

Sounds like it, but you'll have to try it out and let us know. Thanks.

On 2/2/2023 at 8:09 PM, Luke said:

Sounds like it, but you'll have to try it out and let us know. Thanks.

I've tested it now. Unfortunately, the ip of the user is displayed and not the ip of the emby server. So emby seems to pass the stream directly. Too bad.

sross44
4 minutes ago, atropa said:
I've tested it now. Unfortunately, the ip of the user is displayed and not the ip of the emby server. So emby seems to pass the stream directly. Too bad.

Do you have your IPTV service set up directly in Emby? Or running through a proxy like xTeVe?

How’d you check this? I have two instances of live TV setup and I could help test how mine shows and share the setup with you etc 

12 minutes ago, atropa said:

HI, displayed where? What Emby app are they playing with?

kikinjo
38 minutes ago, atropa said:

Wrong. Ip is used from emby server.

Secondly, dont use cloudflare with iptv streams, you will get noticed and banned.

IpDia.thumb.png.531ee174dc6768d938639bf6f880a66d.png

Maybe I misunderstand. I'll try to explain what I mean more clearly.
Which IP does the stream provider see? In my case he saw the IP from the remote-client (1234) and not from the Emby server behind the VPN or Cloudflare Proxy.(VPN IP:5789)

2 hours ago, sross44 said:

Do you have your IPTV service set up directly in Emby? Or running through a proxy like xTeVe?

How’d you check this? I have two instances of live TV setup and I could help test how mine shows and share the setup with you etc 

Hey. I have  set it up directly with M3U. I asked the provider what IP is shown at the moment the client started the stream.

12 minutes ago, Luke said:

What Emby app are they playing with? Can we please see an example?

Thanks.

It doesn't matter which app I use. I tested it with Android mobile phone, Firefox browser and Fire TV Stick. I can't give you another example either. I will now test this again with a self-hosted stream. Then maybe I can show examples.

greetings..

12 minutes ago, atropa said:

Hey. I have  set it up directly with M3U. I asked the provider what IP is shown at the moment the client started the stream.

It doesn't matter which app I use. I tested it with Android mobile phone, Firefox browser and Fire TV Stick. I can't give you another example either. I will now test this again with a self-hosted stream. Then maybe I can show examples.

greetings..

Our android apps will not go directly to the m3u source. It's only the browser that might if it can direct play it, which would be rare.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also interested in this.

Use case: 
My IPTV provider limits the streams to use at one single IP.

M3U file with streams, for example:

http://mystream.com/stream001.ts
http://mystream.com/stream002.ts

http://mystream.com/stream003.ts
etc...

If i'm direct playing outside of my home network, does the emby client connect directly to the stream url (http://mystream.com/stream001.ts), or does the client connect to my emby server and the emby server relays the stream?

Edited by bgeelen

Just now, bgeelen said:

Does it mean that all the other apps use B? 

No, as stated above, all apps from stores will use A and, most likely, so will just about everything else because some sort of remuxing or transcoding will likely be needed.  So it would be quite rare for anything to go direct.