Images used for "continue watching"

MagicDoubleM

MagicDoubleM

So, usually this place is filled with the series/season thumb or an fanart pic. I guess that's okay, no spoilers and all, but it gets boring real quick and to me it would make much more sense to have the episode thumb/screenshot there (maybe with the series logo added somehow). The only way to get it that way, is by deleting thumbs and fanart completely, but the latter are used on different places too, so I want to keep them.

How about an option to use ep-thumbs for "continue" and "next up"?

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

• 2 months later...
Riddler84

Second this!

Switched from Jellyfin to Emby, because of built-in features like scrubber images or intro-skipping. But this is one thing I really miss from Jellyfin.
There, you could just set a checkbox in the settings to show the episode thumbs instead of the show thumbs.

For me, it'd make this whole section more interesting. I guess there can be rare occasions where such a thumb can spoil something, but I personally can't remember a single moment where that was the case. Actually, most of the time, these thumbs make me want to watch an episode, because of what they're showing.

• Agree 1

HI, options to control this are certainly possible for future updates.

One thing we know for sure that needs to happen is a revamp of home screen settings, so I imagine everything will be more robust after that.

• Like 1

Riddler84
13 hours ago, Luke said:

One thing we know for sure that needs to happen is a revamp of home screen settings, so I imagine everything will be more robust after that.

Is this part of a bigger revamp of the home screen itself, or did you mean only the settings? Because in my opinion the home screen needs to improve drastically. More dynamic, more individualism, more interesting categories to show, maybe a configurable featured section etc. Basically, there should be something new to explore, every time I visit it.

I mean, it's not even possible to put playlists or genre on the home screen, whether it's static or dynamic. I would really love to hear a little bit about your plans regarding the home screen, if you can share anything ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 4/21/2023 at 3:34 PM, OnyxUK said:

Hey @Luke any updates on this my friend. 

mainly for the ep thumb pics 

I don't have an update yet, but an option is something that could certainly be added. 

• Like 1

GrimReaper
1 hour ago, Luke said:

I don't have an update yet, but an option is something that could certainly be added. 

And how about support for episode landscapes, as discussed on the other thread, pretty please? 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

OnyxUK
On 4/23/2023 at 5:51 AM, Luke said:

thanks mate for the update and yess please, pretty please haha 

Riddler84
On 4/23/2023 at 8:42 AM, GrimReaper said:

And how about support for episode landscapes, as discussed on the other thread, pretty please? 

Isn't the "Continue watching" segment already using the landscape version of movies and episodes? Or did you mean something else?

GrimReaper
3 minutes ago, Riddler84 said:

Isn't the "Continue watching" segment already using the landscape version of movies and episodes?

Nope. 

• 8 months later...
kakashi55
On 4/23/2023 at 10:21 AM, Luke said:

Hello Sir, Is there any update on this option of episode thumb in Continue Watching instead of Series Thumb ?

Riddler84
On 1/13/2024 at 7:03 AM, kakashi55 said:

Hello Sir, Is there any update on this option of episode thumb in Continue Watching instead of Series Thumb ?

I really don't know why it isn't there already. Jellyfin has this for ages.

It's probably one of the easiest changes they could possibly make. All the data they need for this is already there in the request results. It includes the image tags of the item that is showing, as well as the image tags for its parent item.

So all that's missing is a new setting whether or not you want to see episode thumbs instead of show thumbs and a conditional statement in the code that checks for that setting and if it's an episode or not and then change the image link accordingly.

I was able to quickly change the image just by swapping a few arguments of the image URL (item id and image tag. Image type changed from Thumb to Primary). All the values were already there in the item object, which can be viewed in the browser network console. So it shouldn't be that hard to do in my opinion.

Screenshot 2024-01-14 143841.jpg

• Agree 1

HouseOfCards
On 12/27/2022 at 8:12 AM, Riddler84 said:

Is this part of a bigger revamp of the home screen itself, or did you mean only the settings? Because in my opinion the home screen needs to improve drastically. More dynamic, more individualism, more interesting categories to show, maybe a configurable featured section etc. Basically, there should be something new to explore, every time I visit it.

I couldn't agree more, and this is what I do...  It's a bit involved, but it's been functioning great...

Along with this, any more functionality the devs add would only be icing on the cake. 

Hi, yes this option is certainly possible for future updates. Thanks.