CoverArt Custom Overlays

King_Col_Bundy
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

King_Col_Bundy

I am trying to get my custom overlays to work, and I am following what I believe to be the correct naming convention, but they don't appear. Is there something that I could be missing?

Edit: I have it set as 'plain' so as to just have the resolution displayed. @ebr @Happy2Play

image.png.e0910ee1a154200c76695dd836d50e35.png

image.png.a1c8ec376b653e663f28be5777bd4722.png

image.png.bc797f76c7e5321991177a44fb9ee7e7.png

King_Col_Bundy
7 hours ago, ebr said:

Those need to go in programdata/plugins/coverart/custom-overlays

It doesn't appear to work there either, I was trying the Media folder just to see if it would work in another spot instead.

I have the Treatment set as 'Plain' and still no luck, is there anything else I might be missing?

image.png.d58141a9bd624ce1d381e155d36cbc33.pngimage.png.0bac56a3f9cd163901bbce711d2fead6.png

image.png.26766fe980b028b142d4babf7e7a269c.png

4 minutes ago, King_Col_Bundy said:

It doesn't appear to work there either, I was trying the Media folder just to see if it would work in another spot instead.

I have the Treatment set as 'Plain' and still no luck, is there anything else I might be missing?

image.png.d58141a9bd624ce1d381e155d36cbc33.pngimage.png.0bac56a3f9cd163901bbce711d2fead6.png

image.png.26766fe980b028b142d4babf7e7a269c.png

Did you restart the server after adding them?

Happy2Play
7 hours ago, ebr said:

Those need to go in programdata/plugins/coverart/custom-overlays

Doesn't custom path work?

@King_Col_Bundy If you are looking for Preview, it does not work for Resolution or Audio.  And if you have subtitles overlay you have to watch out for image stacking having them in the same position.

image.png.6502cdf07260d2aef8b32f32224d4c2a.pngimage.png.22bdf51c7de8a0d75371f77ec9d2748d.png

King_Col_Bundy
19 minutes ago, Luke said:

Did you restart the server after adding them?

This has done the trick, thanks. I did restart prior but probably had the images in the wrong folder at that time!

Happy2Play

Note custom path works on my Test on Windows so I suspect a permissions issue on your custom path/image files.

image.png.18da3d0daa7ca1cf2e0ca49d33dc9ac9.png

But preview still does not work on Custom in my tests but will treat images.

Edited by Happy2Play

King_Col_Bundy

So one more problem now, I have removed the image that I was using to test the capability of this (4K overlay) and replaced with custom PNGs which suit the look of my server a lot better. I have restarted a few times, used the same naming conventions and still it is not turning up. Oddly, the test 4K overlay is still there as well. Is there a task that I can run or something to make the server replace these images?

As you can see, the old 4K logo which I do not want (and no longer have the file of) is still on The Batman, whereas Batman Begins (1080p video) has no icon in the top left.

image.png.8c36554ac97fa3af674c4d2ea0712adc.png

image.png.68df38ca3f390f7f576c273bdddc789f.png

Happy2Play

@King_Col_Bundy They should rebuild with changes, but images are cached in the /cache/images folder.  Delete the two folder and browse your library to regenerate.

Or use image editor and replace the image.

Also you may want to limit image size to 102x76 as that is the size of default images.

King_Col_Bundy
11 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

@King_Col_Bundy They should rebuild with changes, but images are cached in the /cache/images folder.  Delete the two folder and browse your library to regenerate.

Or use image editor and replace the image.

Also you may want to limit image size to 102x76 as that is the size of default images.

Hey mate, thanks for your prompt reply.

Just to confirm, is it this folder, and should I delete the actual folder itself? 

image.png.60a9cdb5d9b8f4de3800aa89724d17a0.png

I also have a "2" folder in "resized-images" which looks like the below.

image.png.8c532acb7e971ae939b8b6dd7d01bbe4.png

King_Col_Bundy
20 minutes ago, Abobader said:

Simply delete the poster from the Emby metadata (edit poster) then add it back from there.

I don't think this would fix all the other posters right though, I would have to delete all posters for it to then refresh and load the overlays for other resolutions which are not showing?

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, King_Col_Bundy said:
22 minutes ago, Abobader said:

Simply delete the poster from the Emby metadata (edit poster) then add it back from there.

I don't think this would fix all the other posters right though, I would have to delete all posters for it to then refresh and load the overlays for other resolutions which are not showing?

No that only fixes a image, but yes deleting those two folder will clear image cache and regenerate while browsing in all clients.

King_Col_Bundy
57 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

No that only fixes a image, but yes deleting those two folder will clear image cache and regenerate while browsing in all clients.

Would deleting those folders also delete all of the images that I have manually set? That's my only concern with this.

Happy2Play
4 hours ago, King_Col_Bundy said:

Would deleting those folders also delete all of the images that I have manually set? That's my only concern with this.

No as this is just a cache that auto deletes every 30 days.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Thanks 1