TV Guide / Live TV

BrettM

I have just installed a tuner card into the home theatre pc and I'm having two issues,

1.I have also installed "up coming TV" plugin. When I go into crystal plugin and click on up coming TV there is nothing showing?

2. When I go to "Live TV" in the server I get the message below ?

Status: Unavailable (No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it [::1]:9080)

What am I doing wrong ????

would appreciate any advise possible

thanks in advance

Brett

the error message could be better, but you have to configure the serverwmc plugin so that it can talk to the serverwmc application.

I have done all the steps in the guide I go to the media browser server then click live TV I can see the TV Tuner listed but

I get the following message below:

Service: ServerWMC

Status: Unavailable (Recorded TV folder ‘\\HITS001-PC\Users\Public\Recorded TV’ not accessible. Please make sure the Recorded TV folder used by WMC for new recordings is a shared folder. Once done, the network path to this folder must be set in ServerWMC (see ‘Folders’ tab in ServerWMC).)

The folder it refers to is not on a network machine it's on a normal pc converted to a home theatre PC, so I'm not exactly sure what it telling me or what I need to do to fix the issue?

Can anyone shed some light on this please.........

thank you in advance

Brett

the guide didn't cover if serverwmc is on a different machine than media browser server. so you need to go into plugins -> click serverwmc and configure it

sorry luke i probably should have mentioned, the serverwmc is on the same machine as media browser everything is on the one machine  I have windows and the Media browser and Server WMC on the Solid State Drive then all the media files are on a 2TB Harddrive this is why i can't understand the message below:

Solid State Drive is C:

The 2TB Drive is E: 

Service: ServerWMC

Status: Unavailable (Recorded TV folder ‘\\HITS001-PC\Users\Public\Recorded TV’ not accessible. Please make sure the Recorded TV folder used by WMC for new recordings is a shared folder. Once done, the network path to this folder must be set in ServerWMC (see ‘Folders’ tab in ServerWMC

Also if i try to play a live tv program from the tv guide it won't play instead i get : Video Error "Please ensure there is a open tuner available"

but in the tuner list it says

Tuners (Dual Tuner) 

Name: Winfast DTV2000 DS PLUS #1   Source: DVB-T   Status: Available                Program:                      Client: 

Winfast DTV2000 DS PLUS #2    Source: DVB-T   Status: Available                Program:                      Client: 

Sorry to be such a pain guys this just has me stumped ??? 

Thanks for  the help  I really appreciate it 

Brett

Edited by BrettM

Hi, before doing anything else, pull up Windows Media Center and test out Live TV and Recording. Make sure everything works there before moving on to ServerWMC and MediaBrowser.

After everything looks good in WMC, go into the Recorded TV folder and share it (right click, properties, share and set sharing for this folder).  If you need more detailed walk through on how to share a folder, the following guide has a section on sharing folders that is best practice when using MB3.

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/703-how-to-make-unc-folder-shares/

Finally, open up ServerWMC and check all configuration settings.  Follow the Wiki if you need guidance here.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=PVR/Backend/ServerWMC#ServerWMC_Configuration_.28Quick.29

Some things to try: 

Make sure your public tv folder has ntfs permissions (security tab in properties) open to everyone with no deny (unless you have crappy roommates) and set children to inherit

Make sure your network location is set to home/work, not public, 

While not always recommended, as a troubleshooting step you can turn off password protected sharing in windows network and sharing - if this doesn't change anything make sure to set this back unless you want anonymous access throughout your house.

Try accessing your shared tv folder on another computer.