Emby server ssl encryption error

Kingpinyolo

Kingpinyolo

Android server latest beta and stable version same issue. Ssl doesn't seem to be working logs give error and also in ssl certificate set up both with password and without password did not make a difference. Might be an issue also with the only secure connection mode only as well.

What I was able to find in logs 

System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: Unable to decode certificate. ---> System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: `MonoBtlsPkcs12.Import` failed.

at Mono.Btls.MonoBtlsObject.CheckError 

System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: `MonoBtlsPkcs12.Import` failed.

Source: System

embyserver.txt

Edited by Kingpinyolo

Kingpinyolo

Sorry about that this should be the right one I just checked 

Error Report ***

Version: 4.8.0.8

Command line: /data/app/com.emby.embyserver-Us3lza8DqD-bG6ByhatJkQ==/base.apk

Operating system: Android 9 (REL) SDK:P BuildId:PS7321 PPR1.180610.009 Incremental:0021274106500 Patch-Level: 2018-10-05

Framework: Mono 6.12.0 (2020-02/c633fe92383) 4.0.50524.0

OS/Process: Arm/Arm

Runtime: mscorlib.dll

Processor count: 4

Data path: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.emby.embyserver/files

Application path: /data/user/0/com.emby.embyserver

Fingerprint: Amazon/onyx/onyx:7.0/PS7321/2330N:user/amz-p,release-keys

Model: KFONWI - Amazon/Amazon

Hardware: onyx/onyx/mt8168/onyx

SupportedAbis: armeabi-v7a, armeabi

System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: Unable to decode certificate. ---> System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: `MonoBtlsPkcs12.Import` failed.

at Mono.Btls.MonoBtlsObject.CheckError 

embyserver (1).txt

Kingpinyolo

Are you referring to the beta ? I’m on the latest beta still getting the error. Is there a better way to convert the cert file to pfx? Maybe I can retry that part 

Kingpinyolo

Thank you all I finally have it working. Fixed by 

converting certificate using sslhopper (mentioned above) thank you !! 
but I had to go through setting several times as making too many changes at once didn’t seem to register like requiring secured connection and also selecting the pfx file and putting in the password I had to do each of those steps with a separate reboot of the server to make sure the actions were taking place properly. 
also had to update port forwarding as both the https internal and external ports had to match before being able to access.

I also have vpn so I did select the the server to be whitelisted to make sure they didn’t cause the error. 

• Thanks 1