How Can I Use the local EmbyMediaServer File to Recover Data

kaiqi1117

Happy2Play

What do you mean by recover data?  New disk likely means new path so library folder path and all database entries paths are now wrong.

Moving data requires possible path date and library Refresh.

Otherwise manual updates to library options.xml and many path updated in the database.

If new disk has same path this should be transparent to Emby.

kaiqi1117
17 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

What do you mean by recover data?  New disk likely means new path so library folder path and all database entries paths are now wrong.

Moving data requires possible path date and library Refresh.

Otherwise manual updates to library options.xml and many path updated in the database.

If new disk has same path this should be transparent to Emby.

Because when I transfered my data to a new disk, I only transfered my EmbyMediaServer file to a new disk, then removed the old disk. And I redownloaded the Emby app. It's a whole new thing. I was thinking if I could use the EmbyMediaServer file to recover my old data because all the collections and other data are in that file.

Happy2Play
22 minutes ago, kaiqi1117 said:

Because when I transfered my data to a new disk, I only transfered my EmbyMediaServer file to a new disk, then removed the old disk. And I redownloaded the Emby app. It's a whole new thing. I was thinking if I could use the EmbyMediaServer file to recover my old data because all the collections and other data are in that file.

Assuming your library paths have not changed, yes you should be able to copy that EmbyMediaServer content into the new install assuming you have all the folders.  But does not appear you have them as you don't have config or data folder as the original databases are needed to use /metadata/library.

Now a new install can still uses the other /metadata folders as they will be relinked during initial library scan