Unraid Support

PhAzE

Yes that means that it's not unpacking properly. If you copy that zip to a windows PC are you able to open it?

Also, on your unraid console, when you type "unzip" what shows up?

The reason I ask is that I've installed it a number of times on clean unraid installs without issue. So I suspect it's a problem with the zip file or the unzip dependency installed.

Edited by PhAzE

techywarrior

Hm, unzip command works fine (I see the help when I run it). But now that you pointed out the zip file I see that MediaBrowser-3.0.5390.zip is 0 bytes. I deleted it and tried to install again and again it was 0 bytes.

Not sure why it would be failing to download the file. Can you post the URL that you are grabbing the zip from so I can manually copy it, or at least verify I can download the file?

I found in the config file a reference to this location: https://www.dropbox.com/s/07hh1g4x9xo28jb but going to it brings up a 404 page. That could be the issue?

Edited by techywarrior

Hello Everyone,

The plugins (beta) for Unraid 5 and Unraid 6 are ready for testing.

Unraid 5:
https://github.com/P...r/mb3server.plg

Unraid 6:
https://github.com/P...erver.64bit.plg

To install these, download the plugins above (right click -> save as) and drop it into your Unraid USB/config/plugins/ folder.  Once there, you can either reboot your sever or from the console type:

Unraid 5:

installplg /boot/config/plugins/mb3server.plg

Unraid 6:

installplg /boot/config/plugins/mb3server.64bit.plg

After that, you'll see a MediaBrowser icon in the settings tab of the Unraid GUI.  In there, set the directories and port you want, set ENABLE to "yes" and hit apply. With any luck, everything should download, install, and start.  Click "RUNNING" as a shortcut to open MediaBrowser interface in your web browser. 

Just a note, when the plugin installs the first time, it downloads MONO which is nearly 80 megs, so people with slow connections, be patient. This is still in BETA form, so if the location of the install changes int he future, I will update the plugin (updatable from within the GUI :)   )

-=PhAzE=-

• Like 2

techywarrior

I downloaded the package for 5.05 and installed the plg file. Mono downloaded and the plugin is showing in the unRAID menu in settings. When I click the install button or toggle the "enable media browser" to yes it says "installation failed" immediately after it says it is installing the latest version of media browser server.

All the settings are default except for the config directory (set to a persistent drive)

There doesn't seem to be any more details. Is there a log I can view and get more detailed reason for the failure?

This is what showed in the system log:

Oct 7 15:18:11 File-Storage sudo: xxxxx: TTY=console ; PWD=xxxxx:; USER=nobody ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/mono-service /usr/local/mb3server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -d:/usr/local/mb3server -l:/var/run/mb3server/mb3server.lock

Oct 7 15:18:11 File-Storage mono: /usr/local/mb3server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe: Could not find assembly /usr/local/mb3server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe

The mb3server directory appears to be empty but I don't know why.

Edited by techywarrior

techywarrior

Hmm, I'll have a look in the morning to make sure the link it's right. It's supposed to be a github link.

lol, that would do it.

Download it from there. This is exactly why it's a beta plugin still ;)

Let me know if that helps, copy it to your USB and name it the same as the 0 byte file you had.

Edited by PhAzE

Ok, so i believe the issue was I was still pointing to the old download URL in two spots. I've updated the plugin.  If you had the plugin installed do the following:

Update the plugin from the GUI, hit APPLY to write your settings to the config file, delete the currently downloaded MediaBrowser-xxxx.zip from USB/packages folder, try the install and it should work now (and for the future).

Alternatively you can delete the /boot/config/plugins/mb3server folder and .zip from the packages folder and just reboot, it will recreate that folder and the files inside.

Edited by PhAzE

techywarrior

Seems to be working since the update.

Is the user "nobody" required for anything or is it just created because that is the unRAID user that sets up MBS? If it's not required then I am going to remove it. If it is required, does it have to be an admin? If required and not admin, what permissions in MBS does the user need?

Hey Phaze,

I curious to learn about your process for this. 

For example, when we publish a new release, what do you have to do? And what would it take to move it all to media browser accounts? Basically i would love to be able to put it on our download page, announce it, etc. but we need to make sure it can stay up to date with server releases.

So, when a user goes to the plugin gui in unraid settings, my plugin currently checks your git where you tag releases, and it parses out the latest stable version (and eventually i'll add support for beta releases).  It takes that version number, and then checks the git repo where your .zip files are stored, and it parses out the download link for any file named "MediaBrowser-xxxx.zip" where xxxx is the version number it found on the tagged page.

If the DL link is found, a button appears on the gui for them to update.  When they press update, it stops the program, downloads the new release binaries, stores it on their USB drive, deletes the old zip file, extracts it, then starts it back up now running the latest version.

From my side of things, I just need to make sure the parsing code works. Since you don't have a lot of releases yet on the tagged page or download page, I have this marked as a beta plugin still.  Once more MB releases are available on the tagged page and DL page, my code will be perfected and then it's pretty much a self sufficient plugin that doesn't require my assistance, as long as you release the binary and tag it at around the same time. 

Also, to know that the new version online is actually an update, it compares the version found by the tag, with the version displayed in MediaBrowser.Server.mono.exe -v command.  So for that reason, what it prints out needs to match what you've tagged (it doesn't in the current release). :)

I'm not sure what you mean by this question though:

"And what would it take to move it all to media browser accounts?"

techywarrior

Another issue I just found, but not sure if this is related to the plugin or perhaps the Linux version in general (and it could have been me because I tried to copy my working MBS so that I had all the watched/played/etc. and images) but I tried to remove a plugin and it isn't deleting the file so the plugin never actually gets uninstalled.

techywarrior

Phaze, it seems there is an issue with the plugin's parsing of the "latest" MBS version to download:

Installed Version: 3.0.5391 
Update to Version: 3.0.5395.0 3.0.5390 

I know there was an issue/bug with the 5390/5391 "upgrade" text but now it is displaying two versions to update to and trying to update fails to download the correct zip file. I don't even see a 0 byte zip file in the packages folder. Just an immediate exit of the MBS updater and no new file in the packages directory.

I also tried downloading the zip file manually and putting it in the packages directory but that didn't help either. It's probably trying to find a file with both file version numbers in it or something.

Edited by techywarrior

So, when a user goes to the plugin gui in unraid settings, my plugin currently checks your git where you tag releases, and it parses out the latest stable version (and eventually i'll add support for beta releases).  It takes that version number, and then checks the git repo where your .zip files are stored, and it parses out the download link for any file named "MediaBrowser-xxxx.zip" where xxxx is the version number it found on the tagged page.

If the DL link is found, a button appears on the gui for them to update.  When they press update, it stops the program, downloads the new release binaries, stores it on their USB drive, deletes the old zip file, extracts it, then starts it back up now running the latest version.

From my side of things, I just need to make sure the parsing code works. Since you don't have a lot of releases yet on the tagged page or download page, I have this marked as a beta plugin still.  Once more MB releases are available on the tagged page and DL page, my code will be perfected and then it's pretty much a self sufficient plugin that doesn't require my assistance, as long as you release the binary and tag it at around the same time. 

Also, to know that the new version online is actually an update, it compares the version found by the tag, with the version displayed in MediaBrowser.Server.mono.exe -v command.  So for that reason, what it prints out needs to match what you've tagged (it doesn't in the current release). :)

From that I assume you are not setting any system dependencies (apart from downloading mono) that are then installed automatically but only using the zip file?

If so there might be a problem with newer releases, as we started to not prepackage certain native libraries like libmediainfo and instead depend on installed system libraries.

You might want to check if you can include downloading libmediainfo as well as mono on install.

Phaze, it seems there is an issue with the plugin's parsing of the "latest" MBS version to download:

Installed Version: 3.0.5391 Update to Version: 3.0.5395.0 3.0.5390 

I know there was an issue/bug with the 5390/5391 "upgrade" text but now it is displaying two versions to update to and trying to update fails to download the correct zip file. I don't even see a 0 byte zip file in the packages folder. Just an immediate exit of the MBS updater and no new file in the packages directory.

I also tried downloading the zip file manually and putting it in the packages directory but that didn't help either. It's probably trying to find a file with both file version numbers in it or something.

Fixed. Now only parses the latest stable release. Update the plugin from the plugin GUI on unraid, and you should be good to go now. Should handle all future releases fine too.

The problem was there wasn't enough releases yet on git (of the zip file) for me to finish the parsing command in the update function. Now that at least two exist, I was able to complete that code.  I believe that was the last missing code with the exception of the md5 check. I still need to find if git holds an md5 of files that I can read from to verify the download was successful.

Edited by PhAzE

Another issue I just found, but not sure if this is related to the plugin or perhaps the Linux version in general (and it could have been me because I tried to copy my working MBS so that I had all the watched/played/etc. and images) but I tried to remove a plugin and it isn't deleting the file so the plugin never actually gets uninstalled.

are you referring to a media browser plugin or an unraid plugin?

From that I assume you are not setting any system dependencies (apart from downloading mono) that are then installed automatically but only using the zip file?

If so there might be a problem with newer releases, as we started to not prepackage certain native libraries like libmediainfo and instead depend on installed system libraries.

You might want to check if you can include downloading libmediainfo as well as mono on install.

My plugin independently downloads all dependencies regardless of what is in the zip. That's how all my unraid plugins work. It literally only uses the binaries for the app to run, everything else the app needs is downloaded by the plugin. :)

The plugin is plain text so feel free to download it an look inside to see what it's doing.  Here is a list of the curent dependencies that it requires and that my plugin downloads and installs:

mono-3.8.0
cairo-1.10.2
fontconfig-2.8.0
freetype-2.4.4
giflib-4.1.6
libexif-0.6.20
libgdiplus-2.10.9
libjpeg-v8a
libpng-1.4.5
libtiff-3.9.4
libX11-1.4.3
libXau-1.0.6
libxcb-1.7
libXdmcp-1.1.0
libXext-1.2.0
libXft-2.2.0
libXrender-0.9.6
lzo-2.03
pixman-0.20.2
sqlite-3.7.5
zlib-1.2.5
infozip-6.0
libwebp-0.2.0

Why so many you may ask?  Slackware has zero dependency resolution. Half of those are required just to run mono, that on a ubuntu, or debian install, would automatically be resolved and downlaoded when you install mono. Since Slackware is missing this ability, I had to manually figure out what was required for mono, and libgdiplus to work.  Mono and libgdiplus are the two that have the most sub dependencies that needed resolving.

None of those are handled by the zip, but all handled by my plugin so the user has a seamless install as if it were coming from yum or apt-get installs.

Remember that this is not a "package" it is simply a plugin for unraid that automates the download, install, and update processes, while making an active gui allowing users to change how the plugin handles install locations and program paths.
Edited by PhAzE

techywarrior

Fixed. Now only parses the latest stable release. Update the plugin from the plugin GUI on unraid, and you should be good to go now. Should handle all future releases fine too.

Yup, I noticed the update yesterday (or the day before) and ran it. Worked like a charm.

are you referring to a media browser plugin or an unraid plugin?

The plugin I tried to uninstall is a Media Browser plugin. The problem is that I am not sure where the issue is. Since MBS is running as "nobody" and "nobody" was used to write all the files to the folder it should have permission to delete the file but that doesn't seem to happen.

This might be an issue with MBS on all Linux versions but I am guessing not otherwise it would have been brought up before. Either way, at the moment you can not uninstall a plugin from MBS on unRAID. It looks like it works (In MBS it removes the name from the list when you click - ) but if you check the plugins directory you will see that the file hasn't actually been deleted. 

If you don't think it is caused by permissions or some way that your plugin is working then we may have to get Luke involved to see what is going on. There is no logging for deleting a plugin in MBS so I don't know why MBS fails to delete the file.

You can try changing the plugin to run as root from the plugin GUI and see if it still happens. Or you can use the "other" option in that pull down and have it create a new user to run as. User nobody should work fine however since it would have the same permissions as a newly created user (just it has no home directory).

Edited by PhAzE

techywarrior

You can try changing the plugin to run as root from the plugin GUI and see if it still happens. Or you can use the "other" option in that pull down and have it create a new user to run as. User nobody should work fine however since it would have the same permissions as a newly created user (just it has no home directory).

Hm, it must have been a server error as I can't reproduce it anymore on 5395. Oh well. lol