Ability To Limit Search To One Library

Music100

Music100

(I didn't see this feature request.  Possibly it exists and is worded differently.)

Whenever I do a search I get results from all libraries.

I would like the option to limit a search to a specified library: 

Example 1: if I search for "Star Wars" I will get results from all libraries: movies from my "movie library", the film score from my "music library" and an interview with John Williams and Harrison Ford from my "interviews library". 

Since I know I am looking for the film score it seems one should be able to search the "music library" so that one doesn't get a dozen irrelevant results. 

I feel this is an important feature, particularly when one has a very large library with different types of media.  

Example 2: I have an older iTunes library of media from earlier years that is mp3 or low resolution type formats.  I also have a more recent library that only has higher resolution audio, such as FLAC.   If I want to find the high resolution FLAC version of Fleetwood Mac "Dreams", for example, searching for it will result in finding both the older mp3 version and a higher resolution FLAC version.  I will then have to look into the specs for each to find the version I am looking for.  If there was an ability to search by library this would facilitate finding exactly what one wants faster.

Thank you for looking into this.

Hi, there's already an open request for this or something functionally equivalent. Please join in and contribute to the existing discussion at:

• Thanks 1