3D Movie Question

JsinFate

JsinFate

Hi guys.

I'm looking for some help and knowledge on 3D movies. I have a few 3D movies, most are side by side and one top and bottom.

My question is, I know that I will need some type of 3D glasses but will I also need a 3D TV?

What kind of glasses will I need and since I have two different 3D formats, will I need two different glasses?

Here are screen shots of two of the movies I have in 3D for reference.

Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it!

Amityville.3D.jpg

Creature.3D.jpg

Don’t waste your time and money on 3D: the effect really doesn’t do much more than the initial ‘THAT’S COOL’ feeling.
Yes, you will need a 3D TV, not too many available now-a-days because few people want it ( the 3D TV will supply you the appropriate glasses( or make them separately available to purchase )

Also the side by side and top and bottom 3D stuff generally cuts the stream in half (1/2 resolution and/or frame rate).

Note :
To  My Knowledge all 3D TV’s use ‘Shutter Glasses’ (blank one eye at a time to get the 3D effect) this results in a dimmer view (3D TV’s  compensate for this) and in some cases a lower frame rate.
Movie Theaters use polarized Glasses with special projectors.

JsinFate

Well that's disappointing. I had hoped that I would just need to buy some 3D glasses. You're right about the TVs, I did a search and they are scarce.

Thank you for the information.